hello

hello am kurt from wisconsin i am going to boot camp next summer for the guard then when am done with high school am being moved to the 82nd airborne
IN AIR ON LAND

thanks guys yea am going to go to 82nd for four years then try for spec ops my uncle was a green beret sniper during vietnam but was never sent to combat hes the one that got me into the army and doing soe research i found found out that the best choose for me to do what i want to do is go to the 101 airborne or 82 airborne i picked 82nd
IN AIR, ON LAND

It sure wasn't a wrong pick, though I believe the challenge with yourself is huge. Good luck with your endeavors bro.

Welcome. The 82nd guys I have known refer to the 101st as the "hundred and worst." I think there was some rivalry there.

Welcome youngin'! You've got a great goal there.

82nd paratrooper said:
i want to do is go to the 101 airborne or 82 airborne i picked 82nd

If you want to be airborne someday, it's a good idea to go with wanting to be in the 82nd. The 101st hasn't been an active airborne unit since the 70s. The pathfinders and MI's LRS are the only two units in the 101st Divs that are on jump status. They just kept the "airborne" for lineage.

You also might wanna hold off using the title "paratrooper" until you've done your five jumps and earned your blood wings. It's kinda one of those 'earned' thingies. ;)

Good luck with everything!

Welcome to the forum FP! But I have to agree with PJ on this. I earned my title of Pathfinder the hard way too. I took me two years to complete in Cub-scouts..... (Pathfinder is the exact translation for a scout in Holland.... so you see; you learn something new everyday on this forum:))

Changed the username to "Future paratrooper" now (on his request)
We don't allow military ranks/titles etc. in usernames as long as they haven't ben earned in real life.

Well, now that your member name has been corrected, welcome to the forums. Good luck with your plans.

Back