Hello!

AngloSaxon

Hi all,

Long time lurker who's decided to register so I can join in! :p

Never been in the military, although not because I didn't want to be!

Come from a military family so to speak. Father was in 42 Commando SBS (honestly he was!) He served on the previous Ark Royal and others.

Grandad H was in the 7th Armoured Brigade, and fought at El Alamein. Grandad S was a gunner in the RN. Served on several ships including HMS Aldenham (last ship sunk in the Med) and fought at Souda bay and extensively in the Med.

Great Grandfathers all served in WWI, although I don't know Regiments unfortunately.

I wanted to follow in dad's footsteps but not a chance after discovering I had Asthma! Damn that central heating!!! :?

Hope to have plenty of interesting chats with you all.

Regards

AS

Hi also have asthma. But the gig isnt over yet.

Im going to get there. Going to give up drink after my grad from college and besides xmas.

Like your name. most Irish would.

Actuly no, no we wouldnt.

I had an asthma when i Joined the marines and the recruiter just told me to lie :lol: :lol: I was nervous as heck when i was in the gas chamber because the instructor kept saying that if you have any health problems.. (icluding asthma) you need to let us know.. And i didnt, still passed and did my 4 yrs. :D .. its all in your head i guess, I sure didnt want to get left behind or get booted after all the hard work that i did.

Well, lying just isn't an option in the Royal Marines. They'd have noticed me wheezing on my first trip through the commando course...probably earlier!! :D

Welcome to the forums.. :)

I agree, lying is not an option..
But there are many different types of asthma, and you can join (at least here in Norway) if it's not that severe..
Have you spoken to both a military doctor and recruiter about it?

I heard Royal Marines are hardcore...I would like to see what they go through as far as physical endurance.

I have cronic alergies...So im out of the question for infantry....but Im getting my a$$ conscripted anyways...Guss you should have been born Israeli, AngloSaxon... :D

Depending on the severity, I don't think it should be that big of a problem. At least not here in Canada (athsma that is). Oh, by the way, welcome.

Back