• God help you!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell No!

• Hell Yes!

• Total voters

R2002K

Hey everyone, I just found this forum today, while searching for info about which boots are the best. I am 42, Served in the 82nd ABN Div, 4/325 AIR, back in the 80's. I have decided to try and enlist in the Oklahoma National Guard if I can pass the physical requirements. The OKNG has many opportunities to be deployed, and this is my last chance to get back in action.
Any info about the best boots for Afghanistan would be appreciated.

I spend a lot of time doing things the docs told me not to do - I've sure enjoyed doing it - and I've paid for it also. I say go for it.

The boots issued are fine, I would try to go for some inserts tho to help the old bones tho. Not sure what MOS field you would be going in to but if you will be on your feet alot the inserts will help cushion some of the impact from walking and running.

Welcome to the boards sir. My answer is yes; Talking about it with my PA 5o+ yr old friend Ron and he said there's a number of Viet Nam vets of his age on the front lines in Iraq. Keep us posted.

As my vote stated, Hell Yes, you can do it. You have the entire Forum behind you, we wish you best of luck and we know with your previous training, you're never too old to kick some tail for what you believe in. ;) Keep fighting, Sir.

Back