Hello from Lithuania

Marder_LT

Hi everyone
My name is Vytautas, I am 36 years old and I come from Lithuania. I chose this nick as I had one in an online multiplayer game.
I a interested in WW2, took part in one of the best Lithuanian websites dedicated to WW2, but due to the lack of time, abandoned it.
I also use to search for WW2 relics using my metal detector and I have aboslutelty zero tolerance towards tomb raiding and any weapons/ammo/explosives. Lithuanian law foribids that. My main field of interest, besides fallen relics, is numismatics (that's all about currency), some knowledge in orders and decorations. I have some other knowldege not related to WW1 or WW2 events.
Maybe that's enough for the begining. Awaiting your questions:salute:

Welcome Marder_LT.

We are starting to get quite a nice little Baltic States community here. I'm sure that you will enjoy your time here.

Thanks. Will try to be a good member here.
One question (did not figure where it belongs to and did not want to PM admins): I have some finds that seem to be interesting for me and I would like to ask about them. Now, the question itself: can i establish a topic for that? It's only for details on find, absolutely positively not for sale/excange.:m16shoot:

Welcome Marder LT. I think any WWII relics should be found and sent to a military or state museum. It's someone's personal history of his service.

Unfortunately, it is very hard to cooperate with museums as any relic-hunter is treated like a tomb raider (unfortunately enough, we do have some of them!). Besides, I do not really want problems with police (as I may be reported).
If I ever happen to find anything personally related (decoration, documents, ID token) - I would definetly inform either appropriate embassy or the neariest museum capable of holding and preserving these things. But when it comes to Mosin's cartridges...I doubt anyone really needs them.

Back