Hello from holland

LK89

Hello, name luke , 22 years young, active duty , and here to find info over joining in foreign army's , help would be very appreciated,
Greetz

Hello Luke, welcome to the forum.

I can't help you with your request, but no doubt someone will be able to.

Spike.

Way back when, probably when you parents were in the crib, I was stationed in Southern France. I don't remember the names of most of the guys in my platoon but one - Teodor Kleemann. He was drafted while living in New York but was originally from Den Hague. We became friends and he awed me because he spoke so many languages fluently, Dutch, Deutsch, Waloon, Flemish, French, Spanish, Italian and English - I could barely speak decent English.
What I will never forget is his inviting me to visit his family in The Hague. We took a train and stopped in Brussels for the huge World Expo there before going on to his home. I think the country was awesome in the late 50's in spite of having been so soon after WWII. All of the people were extremely nice to me and his family treated me as one of their own. An absolutely far cry from what I experienced in France.

I'll be writing a blog post about this in the near future and you're invited to stop by and check it out @ A Soldier's Tales.

images

:salute2:

Back