Hello folks

ComsDown

Hi folks,

I am a 37 year old Norwegian. Did my compulsary1 year national service in the Norwegian Army in 1989/90, and then volunteered for two tours with the Norwegian Batallion with UNIFIL in south Lebanon in 1994 and 1996. In 2000 I volunteered again for NATO's KFOR in Kosovo.

All of those carrying a radio...hence my nick... :viking:

Welcome to the forums ComsDown. :smil:
It's good to see another UNIFIL veteran in here, I served there myself in XLI (the last one...).
What company did you serve in? I was in Coy A myself..

So what are you doing in Thailand?? Tired of Norway?... :viking:

Welcome to the forums ComsDown. :smil:
It's good to see another UNIFIL veteran in here, I served there myself in XLI (the last one...).
What company did you serve in? I was in Coy A myself..

So what are you doing in Thailand?? Tired of Norway?... :viking:

I was in Signals Plt, HQ Coy. XXXIII and XXXVI, and in KFOR II, I was with 3rd Platoon, Coy A. Why in the world the army chose to place me as a radio rack for a 1st Leutenant in a rifle platoon is beyond me.

Anyway, when reporting for duty, I made my platoon commander aware of the fact that the Army must have made an error.:read: I apllied for Signals Platoon...and that I had no clue what my job as an infantry Signals Corporal would be. He looked at me, and informed me he was an artillery man himself, we just had to learn together then...ha ha. :salute2: 3 months later I shipped out to Kosovo ...and in a hell of better shape than I was before.

Anyway, quallified as an infantryman at the ripe old age of 30, and I am also probably the only Signals soldier in the Norwegian Army with a meassure of respect for the common infantry rifleman, beetwen them, they actually do have some remnants that could be reckoned as a brain.:p

And the Thailand part, went to South Asia to work comms for an NGO 2 1/2 years ago, met a wonderful woman from Thailand while on R&R, married her, and the rest is history. I'll be going home in June for the first time in over two years to start a new job and join the living dead back in the world....:bang:

Back