Hello everyone

QuiGon

About me: I'm actually a 19-year old military-interrested male from germany. I'm looking forward to summer next year where i will probably begin my military service which is still a duty in germany. Maybe i will try to start a career as soldier after that if i liked it. ;)
I'm very interested in (military-)history and have got a not so bad knowledge about it and military itself. And additionally i'm a fan of computer games. :type:

I hope to enjoy nice disscusions here and extent my military-knowledge.
:)

Welcome, please feel free to ask my anything, I may be of some help to you since I started as conscript and changed to officer's career after about a year, I'm now 2nd Lieutenant (Leutnant). Also I'm currently finishing my Master (Magister) in Historical Science, so I guess we have a lot of interests in common and of course the fact of finding and participating in this forum. I'm happy that there's another active German member - not very many around here. your english seems to be pretty good- I guess that's the main problem for most Germans.
Do you have any ideas of what you want to do in the Federal Armed Forces?
Grüße aus Hamburg

thx all for welcoming me.
@ObjSRgtLw: I noticed you already and its nice to know you here. :wink: In the armed forces i like to go to the "Heer" (the german ground forces) and there i want to go either to the infantry or to the "Fernmeldetruppe" (i think the english term for it is "signals" or so), because i want to go in the IT-industry.

thx all for welcoming me.
@ObjSRgtLw: I noticed you already and its nice to know you here. :wink: In the armed forces i like to go to the "Heer" (the german ground forces) and there i want to go either to the infantry or to the "Fernmeldetruppe" (i think the english term for it is "signals" or so), because i want to go in the IT-industry.
My father is colonel (Oberst) with the Fernmelder, so if you have any questions about that feel free to ask. If you are interested in infantry don't forget the Air Force Ground Combat Supporting Regiment, it's very similar to Jäger or Panzergrenadiere and you have a higher deployment rate. I'll be Platoon leader there next year. I wanted to go to the German Army infantry at first too but chance wanted me to go to the Air Force infantry, which me or my dad had never heard of before ;). Now I'm very happy to have joined this small professional community (Regiment has about 2000 men in total, about 1200 pure light Infantry). Best thing is that our equipment standart is way above Army standart- you could even compare it to that of the division for special operations.

Regiment emblem:
01-640.jpg

ty for the references. I already know the Air Force Ground Combat Supporting Regiment :wink: and it could be a nice alternative to the army. But then you don't have to forget the naval counterpart, the Navy Protection Forces (Marineschutzkräfte). But i've heard they're a bit different and not so well equipped?

Last edited:
Can't say much about them but of course I know them since many from the MSK join us and some of our Regiment join them since the basics are the same. I've heard rumors about equipment issues with the Navy but that could be a Myth. I can't believe I forgot to mention them ^^. But of course you must have a thing for Water ;).
Good thing you heard about our Regiment already- may I ask where you got the info? I imagine they make more commercial about us since we have a very high deployment rate and a great need for professional soldiers atm.

I didn't heard about them in a special way. I'm just intrested in military and the german armed forces especially so that I now the forces and their structure very well (for a civilian ;-)). And there were a few reports about them and their activities in Mazar-e Sharif protecting the airport there.

PS: I've just seen that our previous ferderal minister of economics "Karl-Theodor Freiherr von und zu Guttenberg" becomes our new defence minister. I think it's a good decision.

Last edited:
You may only really imagine how happy I am if you are a serviceman yourself- but I won't critizise my current highest superior ;)

Back