hello from EOD

E

EOD

I'am 33 yrs old and a civilian Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) expert.
At the moment I work for the OSCE as a ammunition/arms inspector in Eastern Europe.
I live in northern Germany and was always interested in all kinds of ammo and weapons systems. With luck it became my job later and I enjoy it since then.
My interests are
- all service ammo w/o exception (preferred former Warsaw Pact)
- machine cannons (secondary)
- armored vehicles (not my specialty)
- Russian/Soviet/Warsaw Pact small arms and infantry weapons and the ammo for it
- and so much more

I hope to learn more from other people's experience and share mine.

Cheers,
Alex

Good to have you here EOD. I've been enjoying your very informative posts. You are a welcome addition to our forum.

Welcome to the forums EOD. :)

Sounds like you got an Interesting job.

Hello and welcome! Good to see another fellow countryman around 8)

I think you have a great job. Something I'd like to do, too but unfortunately there's no regular education for that :?

Welcome EOD. Tell me, I've heard in a classroom that on most land mines, there is a click right before the kaboom but you will never hear it.
Is that true?

Sorry, that is a TV invention to make stories more dramatic. Same as that the mines go off when the foot is lifted again and not directly when stepped on.
All that is TV crap together with 99% of the explosions you can see there and even some weapons they use etc.
I am wondering that people believe that and what kind of advisors they have in some movies.

Thanks EOD. Makes for good suspense moments in movies, and to scare new troops. All the same, I think I'll leave the EOD to you guys.

EOD said:
I'am 33 yrs old and a civilian Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) expert.
At the moment I work for the OSCE as a ammunition/arms inspector in Eastern Europe.
I live in northern Germany and was always interested in all kinds of ammo and weapons systems. With luck it became my job later and I enjoy it since then.
My interests are
- all service ammo w/o exception (preferred former Warsaw Pact)
- machine cannons (secondary)
- armored vehicles (not my specialty)
- Russian/Soviet/Warsaw Pact small arms and infantry weapons and the ammo for it
- and so much more

I hope to learn more from other people's experience and share mine.

Cheers,
Alex

I have long wondered about wich eastern block country makes the best and the most accurate 7.62x39 rounds wich fits bestly eastern made AKs and do they have major differences between each other? Wich rounds have bullets with the best tolerances to fit AK's barrels?

Back