Hello dear forummates

Re: Nice, real nice

peiper said:
We are going in circles here. This is an incident that you had and I can not just sit here judging your reliability, which I don't. That little detail is what I ousted and this is an alteration in my book. This is what I'm talking about. Rest is upto you.

What is up to me? I related the story as it occurred, you challenged it. I supplied you with as much information about the parties involved and time line as possible. It isn't up to me, I'm not the one in doubt. It is your choice to believe or disbelieve an account of a humorous moment or not. It will not hurt me if you choose not to believe it.

No I did not take any offense and nowhere in my previous posts did I mention you mistreating him. I know very well that the conditions out there are not the same as those at home, yours or mine. If there is an incident and it amuses both sides, then that's good for all of you. I never expressed that I thought you insulted our SF. It was an incident and I put my reserve on your remark of "Non-English speaking Turkish officer". Very little practice of the language is sth else. Just drop it ass it has nothing to do w/ validation.

Since it seems nitpicking is the flavour of the day, and we both are. In respect to your "" remark, it was actually "Non-English speaking Turkish Field Grade Officer." Perhaps you are assuming I meant he did not know a word of English, which would not be the case. However, he was not proficient in the language enough to bother him with speaking it for our benefits. That, to me, is Non-English speaking.

I never said you expressed those thoughts, I merely stated it seemed as if that could be a possibility due to your seemingly hostile reaction to one hyphenated word. Especially given the account I shared. Perhaps it would be different had I told a story of taking over Baghdad with one joint US-Turkish SF time while simultaneously fighting off the entire Republican Guard with knives.

It is amazing how you comprehend everything in accordance w/ your desires. Who you work with is your own problem and I am not associating you with anybody. I am not pulling any cards as I just wanted to give you how I feel about the losses. Keep your pity stored away for people who need it and I do have the habit of watching my wording, oral or written, in case you have not noticed.

Yes, I do comprehend everything in accordance with my desires, it is called perception, you sir, have the same affliction. Everyone does. Your comment came across as insulting and insinuating towards the US military which I am in service to, I took that and ran with it - as you have done with many of my comments.

I have no pity for you, nor your country. You may take that for what it is worth, and if for some reason you find that insulting, so be it.

I agree on the working relationship and your comments about the officials. Bureaucrats and politicians have a long way to go understanding necessities and rules of cooperation of nations. If only they could be humble once to consult the men out there.

Well said.

ANYBODY who is not part of a legal force and using a gun is a terrorist. Whether he is out there or in Istanbul makes no difference. Cut and dry.

Perhaps I did not mention in my previous post that I appreciated you clearing this up. It does not, however, negate the inference made in the first. On another note, I agree with your criteria.

The different approach, as you call it, was merely a statement of difference in mentality between you and me. Wrong behaviour? I have a ton of examples for you for both sides. No accusations written at all for any side. There is no point in blaming any side or digging into the issue. I do not want to spend the rest of my life discussing the origins of the chicken and the egg.

If you notice, I said "as well as the Kurds." I am not placing blame on either side, I've already stated I take no side on the issue. We are not in disagreement here. My experiences have been positive with both sides for the most part.

What info do you want?

I do not want any info, that was in case you wanted to see photos.

Re: Nice, real nice

RnderSafe said:
What is up to me? I related the story as it occurred, you challenged it. I supplied you with as much information about the parties involved and time line as possible. It isn't up to me, I'm not the one in doubt. It is your choice to believe or disbelieve an account of a humorous moment or not. It will not hurt me if you choose not to believe it.

I am not in doubt about your story. A man's word is good enough for me until I see otherwise. Focusing on a little detail led to the issue of accusations or at least interpreted this way. There is no question of credibility here.

Since it seems nitpicking is the flavour of the day, and we both are.

Thanks for your sincerety and rationality, I gotta give it to you.

In respect to your "" remark, it was actually "Non-English speaking Turkish Field Grade Officer." Perhaps you are assuming I meant he did not know a word of English, which would not be the case. However, he was not proficient in the language enough to bother him with speaking it for our benefits. That, to me, is Non-English speaking.

See? That is how you see it about lingual compability. I have nothing to say to it, you are the native speaker and have the right to do so. My position was the same with "fiction". Just personal interpretation. I guess we'd be better off dropping this topic.

Yes, I do comprehend everything in accordance with my desires, it is called perception, you sir, have the same affliction. Everyone does. Your comment came across as insulting and insinuating towards the US military which I am in service to, I took that and ran with it - as you have done with many of my comments.

We concur on perception. As ANY insult towards the US military, I object. NEVER in my life have I insulted a military force, partially or in whole. Any national military force is sacred to me, no matter what they do or how they do it. If you have reached this conclusion from my comments, obviously you did, please note that it was unintentional. I'd never do it, whatever state of mind I'm in. You are an active fighter of your country and you have my full respect.

I have no pity for you, nor your country. You may take that for what it is worth, and if for some reason you find that insulting, so be it.

All cleared up. Let's drop it. Sounds too Mediterranean on my side of remarks.

I do not want any info, that was in case you wanted to see photos.

I thought you wanted sth. Yes I'd like to see the photos. Not that I don2t believe you but merely because I can not visualize it.

I'll PM my e-mail. Thanks in advance for your time.

Best Regards

Peiper said:
I guess we'd be better off dropping this topic.

Concur!

I have certainly enjoyed the banter.

A hearty welcome to the forum, it will be nice having someone as thick headed (stubborn) as myself around.

RnderSafe said:
I have certainly enjoyed the banter.

A hearty welcome to the forum, it will be nice having someone as thick headed (stubborn) as myself around.

Joy is mutual and an equally hearty thank you. :D

Yes ladies and Genteleman, it is unbelieveble! Not only are they both still standing, they seem to be getting along!! Whoa, who would have guessed that? :D (Sir, Just kiddin' RnderSafe, SIR! plz don't kill me.... ;) )

Back