Hello from Australia

Hey everyone!

I'm a member of the Australian Defence Force Cadets (Specifically the Army Cadets) that is seeking to broaden my knowledge of the military. I personally feel that I know a fair deal more about military history and equipment than other people my age (I am 15, turning 16 in 2011) but I know that I still have LOADS more to learn, so I thought I should join a military Forum!

After Cadets, I plan to have a career with the Australian Army. I am not sure if I want to become an officer and go to RMC Duntroon or ADFA, because personally I would prefer to be out in the field than somewhere in a office doing paperwork (I still don't know that much about being an Officer, so that might not be the case). I am particularly seeking a career with the armoured brigade, but I am worried that because of my height (6 foot 3 and still growing) that I wont be able to get a spot. If not, then I would like to join basic infantry.

If the opportunity arises in my future career in the Army, I would like to see if I can join either the Australian 2nd Commando Regiment or the SASR, but only the top folks pass the courses but its still something to hope for!

I recently had my End-of-Year Parade and have plenty of pictures, and I will be posting them very soon.

Looking forward to talking with you all!

Nick

EDIT: Here are a few photos of me when I first joined Cadets 6 Months ago (Yes, I'm pretty new but I have loved every moment of it so far)

This is me sitting in the garden when I first got my uniform echelon bag, webbing and backpack, my mum insisted on taking a few photos of me. When we were issued these they haven't taught us some stuff like doing the blousing, and they didn't give us the Australian Army Cadets patch so it doesn't look exactly how it should

Me standing bold as brass with my webbing

The back of my webbing. I got the standard webbing us Cadets get that has the bumbag, 1 Minimi pouch, 2 Steyr pouches and 2 water bottles. The webbing hasn't been properly adjusted for me in this picture

Last edited:
Always good to see another Aussie around.
There are a few of us around, and if you have any questions ask away
Dave

Back