Hello From Australia

Finbar G

Hey there, My Name Is Finbar.

I have never, and have no intention to, join the military. Probably because I'm only 14, but mainly because I have Asperger's Syndrome and am likely to burst into tears the second someone yells at me. I do not appreciate being singled out because of my sensitive behaviour and not ever seeing the battlefield or even a gun fire first hand.

I have always been fascinated with military history and the military in general, I thought I'd have a look around on here to chat with those who have been, or are currently in the military.

My interests also include:
Reading
Video Games (Yes, that includes Call Of Duty on occasion, but I, unlike the majority of other COD players, am not a disrespectful, immature prick who tries to translate what happens in the game into the real world)
History
Creative Writing
Learning Useless Trivia (For example, soldiers in Vietnam apparently used to eat small amounts of C4 Explosive to get high, sorry if this upsets any Vets who were actually there)
Politics
Classic Music, TV shows and Films
Cracking up over Call of Duty fans thinking that after playing 5 minutes of the game they're a weapons expert, have more war experience than a Special Forces Operative, and attempt to use the dumbest of Call Of Duty's tactics (I.E Quickscoping) in real life.

And, Finally, Having Long Conversations that get taken out of context within seconds.

I'm a very controversial person with some of my opinions, so I can bet my sanity that at some point something I say will trigger half the planet. But hey, I'll try and keep that controversy to a minimum here.

Hey there, My Name Is Finbar.

I have never, and have no intention to, join the military. Probably because I'm only 14, but mainly because I have Asperger's Syndrome and am likely to burst into tears the second someone yells at me. I do not appreciate being singled out because of my sensitive behaviour and not ever seeing the battlefield or even a gun fire first hand.

I have always been fascinated with military history and the military in general, I thought I'd have a look around on here to chat with those who have been, or are currently in the military.

Welcome aboard Finbar, there are quite a few of ex serving military on here from around the world whom I am sure will be only too happy to answer any questions

Back