Hello, I am currenly new here...

AgostoB

Hello,
My name is Blas, (Pronounced like blossom) I am currently 16 years of age. I am attending High School and am doing well. I am trying out for the Armed Drill Team, Saber Guard, and Map reading. I am currently involved in PT with the School.
My Step Father is still active duty in the ARMY. HE is a CW4 and I am unsure about my Birth Father's rank. Last I heard he was a Staff Sergeant.
Because I grew up with Military parents, I naturally attained an interest in the ARMY. Through moving around constantly I made many friends and said good-bye to many friends. But when I moved to Massachusetts I met a person with the same interests as I had, and through constant talking and debating, we spoke on our dreams in the ARMY. He and I wish to become very proud members in the ARMY. We want to be ... Green Berets.

Welcome to the forums.

And good luck with your future military career, but I wold recommend you to do some more research on the "green berets" first..
There are several posts about SOF and SF here in the forum already, use the search function to find them.

I am reading several pages on different sites as well as this site, and I'm searching for specific requirements, and other things that will come into my being a Green Beret.
Oh, And by the way, This site is very well put together, Very good job.
~AgostoB....out

My thanks to you all who have replied. And I look foward in being a good member of this forum.
~AgostoB....out

Welcome, heres a peice of advice dont trust Redleg when it comes to getting milbucks for something thats two easy, he is the one who ends up getting the money by replies and his own posts in that topic.

Hey! Welcome to the forum. I too live in Mass, how do you like it? And good luck on your goal. If you stick to it I'm sure you can do it.

AgostoB said:
I am reading several pages on different sites as well as this site, and I'm searching for specific requirements, and other things that will come into my being a Green Beret.

Welcome to the forum. Why do you want to be a hat?

I have always been really into bettering myself in all aspects, physically, mentally, and spiritually. I believe that on the road to being a Green Beret, I will reach the highest "form" (if you will) of my being. I also want to be the first wave into the battle field, and I want to be an Elite Sniper. I want to be the best.

AgostoB,
It's good you set goals, work hard and maybe some day the things you want will become a reality. I think what RnderSafe is trying to say Is that the term "Green Beret". Is not the proper use for the unit your refering to, which are just United States Special Forces. Frankly, I do not think it's that important, just as In the Civil War youd find people calling the US Midwestern Iron Brigade the 'Black Hats', but Green berets is not the "official" term, just so you know.

That's what he meant by "hat" I figured it was something along those lines. Thank you very much GuyontheRight. So from now I'll refer to the Green Berets as Special Forces.

Whatever floats your boat. You'll find alot of the guys (and girls) here are In the same boat as you (Including myself). We have alot of cadets, and just generally teen's interested In the military, asking questions, should I enlist, should I go rotc, those kind of things. Hope you feel at home :D

AgostoB said:
I have always been really into bettering myself in all aspects, physically, mentally, and spiritually. I believe that on the road to being a Green Beret, I will reach the highest "form" (if you will) of my being. I also want to be the first wave into the battle field, and I want to be an Elite Sniper. I want to be the best.

Your first target should be in realising the difference between fantasy and realisim.

Keep your goals, but do not lose sight of your 25m target by looking at the 100m target - if you do, you will fail every time. Less talking, more doing is a mantra you need to begin living as soon as possible if you plan on taking the road you speak of. It is never too early to start.

If you have questions concerning SF, feel free to ask - remember to research all you can first.

Good luck with your future.

Guyontheright said:
Frankly, I do not think it's that important, just as In the Civil War youd find people calling the US Midwestern Iron Brigade the 'Black Hats', but Green berets is not the "official" term, just so you know.

Those that earned it and wore it do feel that it is important and those that wish to some day follow in the same steps, better learn the proper respect and terms - or they will have an even harder road ahead of them. Anything else?

RnderSafe, I also believe it is never too early to start training. Especially since it takes A LOT of training to be even considered to be Special Forces. But as of now, I am in JROTC, and involved in PT, And Maps and stuff at school.
I have done a lot of research on the requirements to be Special Forces. But, i have not found exactly what I want. I found things like Seer and other things of that sort.
I was just wondering if any one knew specific numbers when it comes to Physical requirements, (pushups, sit ups, pull ups, swimming) things like that.
Thanks a lot if any one replies

AgostoB said:
RnderSafe, I also believe it is never too early to start training. Especially since it takes A LOT of training to be even considered to be Special Forces. But as of now, I am in JROTC, and involved in PT, And Maps and stuff at school.
I have done a lot of research on the requirements to be Special Forces. But, i have not found exactly what I want. I found things like Seer and other things of that sort.
I was just wondering if any one knew specific numbers when it comes to Physical requirements, (pushups, sit ups, pull ups, swimming) things like that.
Thanks a lot if any one replies

SERE, not Seer, is part of the SF pipeline. You will not find any accurate information on it that avaible for public consumption, however.

As for physical requirements, you'll need to score score a minimum of 229 points on APFT with no less than 60 points on any event, using the standards for age group 17-21 (Males, obviously).

http://www.tamc.amedd.army.mil/residency/ARMY APFT TEST SCORING GUIDELINES.HTML

For swimming, the intial requirement is 50m in boots and BDUs.

Again, make sure you research your questions prior to asking - a lot of the basic information is out there. Any more questions, ask in the Joining the Military? Military Service Questions? forum.

I applaud you on starting your conditioning early, you will be glad for it later if you choose to continue on the path to SF.

Back