--

May 5th, 2006  
Fox

Welcome to the Forums from Texas.
May 5th, 2006  
jaz-do

Topic: Welcome

Welcome

I found some great information on my Grandfather who served in a Tank Destroyer unit in World War Two. (Seek Strike Destroy) Hellcats.

EditorDan11ADA (at) charter.net

Now this is a Armored Division site,but if he can't help he may send you to
someone who can!
May 5th, 2006  
jchommel

Thank you IG. I wasn't sure if BonnieBlue was still around, but I will give her a try!
--
May 5th, 2006  
jchommel

Great site Missileer! I hadn't come across it. I have alot of digging to do! Thank you!

Thank you Jaz-do. Whats interesting is my Gramp made it to Dachau and he was frantic to find his brother-in-law in the concentration camp there. I think his brother-in-law's name was Adam Falkowski and he was a tank man. I have been searching for him too, but can't find anything yet. I know Adam did make it back to the States, but thats all. Thanks again! My search continues!
May 5th, 2006  
Chief Bones

Welcome aboard.

Watch the back-to-back posts ... the Mods will come a knockin on your door.
May 5th, 2006  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Bones
Watch the back-to-back posts ... the Mods will come a knockin on your door.
Already been "knockin"..

Welcome to the forums jchommel.
May 6th, 2006  
Cyrus

Welcome to the forums.
May 8th, 2006  
LIPS

welcome to the forum
February 25th, 2010  
blevering

Topic: 1258th Combat Engineers

Hello Jchommel,

From what I have been able to learn your Grandad was in some of the toughest fighting during WWII. My father, Brune Levering, was a 20 year old Sargeant in the 1258th Combat Engineers, Company B. He didn't talk alot about the war but he did tell me a number of things about his experiece. He said that the 1258th spent the longest time on the German front lines without relief of any company in the war. The 1258th fought in the Battle of the Bulge and the Bridge at Remagen. According to his records he arrived in France on January 8th, 1945. They arrived Luxembourge January 2oth, Arrived Germany February 24th, and Departed Grermany on March 5th 1946. I believe that Robert E. Buchanan was the Captain and CO. Battles and Campaigns are listed as Ardennes Rhineland Central Europe. My dad told me that his most vivid memories were as follows. We were always cold, always uncertain where we were and where the Germans were, we were alwasy scared, never had enough water. He said they put news paper in thier uniforms to try to stay warm. He said they saw some terrible things but the things he remembers the most were his buddies and the funny things that happended. He told some great stories. My dad was a great man and I know your grandad was also. God Bless, Brune Levering Jr.
February 27th, 2010  
Cne C

Welcome Charity