Helga and the Barkeep.........Supernatural Powers

Pacific Lure

It was a hot day in Minnesota. Helga hung the wash out to dry, put a roast in the oven, then went downstairs to pick up some dry cleaning.

"Gootness, it's hot," she mused to herself as she walked down Main street.

She passed by a tavern and thought, "Vy nodt?" so she walked in and took a seat at the bar. The bartender came up and asked her what she would like to drink.

"Ya know," Helga said, "it is so hot I tink I'll have myself zee cold beer."

The bartender asked, "Anheuser Busch?"

Helga blushed and replied, "Vell fine, tanks, und how's yer pecker?"

[FONT=Verdana,]A man comes into a small town and starts convincing people he has super-natural powers. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,]
He meets a guy called George who is unable to walk without crutches and asks him: "George, how would you like to get rid of those crutches? With my powers I will cure your legs so that you will be able to run like a tiger".

Then he goes to a guy called Stan who stutters and asks him if he would also like to be cured.

Stan says: "O---O---Of course I w--would like t--t--that".

So, the man invites the whole town to sit in front of a big stage, where he puts Stan and George behind a red curtain.

"Ladies and gentlemen", he says, "I will now ask George to throw his crutches from behind the curtain". Immediately a pair of crutches are thrown from behind the curtain, and the audience is shocked.

"Ladies and gentlemen", he then says, "I will now ask John to speak without stuttering".

A few seconds of silence pass, but John is not heard.
"John, please, speak to us". Still, nothing.

"John, everybody came to hear you speak, please, start now".

Then a sound is finally heard from behind the curtain:
"G--G--G-----George f-fell!"
[/FONT]

Back