Height/Shooting

Lamm

I am 60 inches, am I within the height requirements to become enlist and officer?

I am right-handed but my dominant eye is my left eye. Can I still join the Corps? I shoot, and my shot group is tight and together when I shoot with my right eye.
Thanks,
Lamm

I knew several Marines, officer and enlisted who were "sand blowers" that is short, about 5 feet . One was a company XO referred to as the Smurf jokingly by the CO and the PC's. I don't see a problem but check with your recruiter.

As far as qualifying with a dominant left eye. If you can shoot with your right eye as you say you can then use an eye patch over your left. They used to issue those at the range for that problem.

Just remember to say Argghhhh when you wear your patch. For some reason no matter how many times I saw someone do that there I always laughed.

I don't know how that post by Goon helped at all. But, 03USMC, thanks for the help. I can do well with the shooting, I was just worried about that and my height. And, us shorts guy can pull our weight around, so yeah, I don't see why there should be a problem..lol.
Thank you sir.
Lamm

You will see when you get to weapons. Relax and have fun. You are way to uptight.

I must've been angry at the time..grrr! I don't need to wear the patch right? In combat I won't be wearing a patch. Is that just for qualifying or just for when you're shootin' for fun? So, it look like I can shooting with my right eye right-handed even though I'm left-eye dominant. I was worried there.

No you don't have to wear the patch. But if your being left eye dominant becomes a problem on the range it can't hurt having one available.

It seems there's so much leeway to be allowed to get into the US Marines. I'm trying to get into the RoK Marines but I'm not making too much noise about it because I have a gut feeling I'll be turned away at the door.

What do you mean leeway? If your talking about the eye patch for an offside eye dominance. Sometimes that does not manifest until a recruit goes to the range.

The USMC is still the most selective of the US armed forces.

Back