Heckler & Koch 416 - How would You Rate it?

Ruger released the SR-556 and Mini-14 in 6.8SPC but the cartridge is dead. SF units aren't even playing with it anymore. The two non-5.56x45mm cartridges are the 6.5 Grendal and the .300BLK. But even them those are two very small niche cartridges.

5.56x45mm is doing well and is here to stay.

Is it dead? But it is available on the civilian market?

Better reliability than the M4/M16, for instance.

I assume you are talking about the Ruger, does it have a gas operating system or a piston?

The cartridge is still avaliable but I'm not sure if Ruger still chambers their rifles in it. The major issue is that its not selling and there is no cheap affordable training ammo on the market nor has any agency adopted it.

The cartridge is still avaliable but I'm not sure if Ruger still chambers their rifles in it. The major issue is that its not selling and there is no cheap affordable training ammo on the market nor has any agency adopted it.

I suppose it is more expensive than the 5.56 and I have more experience with the 7.62, which is a good caliber, however, I wouldn't buy me an assault rifle with the 7.62. So you view the Ruger as better than the HK 416? Then if I follow up with more questions; what is the best assault rifle with an AR configuration in your opinion?

I suppose it is more expensive than the 5.56 and I have more experience with the 7.62, which is a good caliber, however, I wouldn't buy me an assault rifle with the 7.62. So you view the Ruger as better than the HK 416? Then if I follow up with more questions; what is the best assault rifle with an AR configuration in your opinion?

I consider neither H&K's product or Ruger's product to be good AR-15s. They both are pas piston systems and both suffer from bolt carrier dive.

Out of the two the Ruger is lighter is more affordable along with being packaged with better aftermarket accessories.

I consider neither H&K's product or Ruger's product to be good AR-15s. They both are pas piston systems and both suffer from bolt carrier dive.

Out of the two the Ruger is lighter is more affordable along with being packaged with better aftermarket accessories.

How would you rate the REC7 in comparison with these two? The REC7 is available in the 5.56 according to their website barrett.com

aw223php55.jpg

Run a few hundered of these through it. Then switch to a more "brittle" cartrige.

I have used it, for practise house clearance and hostage rescue, and I must say I like it, little to no recoil and and three round burst and all the holes in the target would all be touching

Ruger ceased production of the Mini-14 in 6.8 SPC and stopped selling complete SR-556 rifles in 6.8 SPC. They still have uppers but that is old stock and they're clearing them out. No more in production.

Back