Heavies Allies in Axis markings

I share with you a collection of photos, some of them extremely rare, showing Allied bombers captured by Germans, Italians and Japanese. One question, does anyone know if during the Second World War a B-29 bomber was captured and tested? To see the photos, visit the link below:

http://aviacaoemfloripa.blogspot.com.br/2011/01/bombardeiros-aliados-capturados.html

Best Regards.

I know that the Soviets reverse engineered B29's that made emergency landings in Russia.

Hehe as a kid I once helped a friend patch up and old beater of a car and when we were done we discovered I had built a dent into the car because it looked like it should have been there.

Is there any reason the B-29 never made it to Europe?

Hehe as a kid I once helped a friend patch up and old beater of a car and when we were done we discovered I had built a dent into the car because it looked like it should have been there.

Is there any reason the B-29 never made it to Europe?
I believe the long range it had made use in the Pacific more critical than in Europe where the 17s and 24s could reach most targets in Germany.

I believe the long range it had made use in the Pacific more critical than in Europe where the 17s and 24s could reach most targets in Germany.

Makes sense, I had heard there were plans to fly them from Egypt against targets like Germany and the Romanian oilfields.

Makes sense, I had heard there were plans to fly them from Egypt against targets like Germany and the Romanian oilfields.

The RAF took over a number of B29's after WW2 naming them Washingtons. They were not very popular with RAF Squadrons because of the number of crew required to fly the aeroplane and the high number of aircrew leaving the RAF.

Back