Is a heart murmur and scoliosis disqualifying?

FutureDevilDog

Well, I went to the doctor's office and found out that not only do I have a heart murmur, but I may have minor scoliosis (I'm waiting on the x-ray results). I mean I can still stand up straight and I know I could do most of the physical activities. Is a heart murmur or scoliosis waiverable?

Thank you so much!

If it's benign, fine, but he just went to the doctor and found it. Best thing he can do is go talk to a recruiter. But as a FORMER recruiter... Murmbers are a NOGO and Scoliosis over a certain % is also a NOGO.

TI, is most likely correct, But also as a former recruiter( hangs head in shame) I also know that the only person who can truly determine if you are qualified or not is the MEPS Doc, anything else is just speculation.

for the record, I put in for the Drill Field and was voluntold that I was going to Recruiting Duty

I was tested for a heart murmur when I enlisted, I don't know why, I think the reason is because they asked if I ever experienced any chest pain and I answered, "It seems like I get a weird pain in my chest on occasion, it's not heartburn but I don't know what it is."

The test showed I had a normal heartbeat, that was a relief, what wasn't was taking off the sensors. Think 40 Year Old Virgin and the body wax, yeah, I cried a little.

If I was you young man I would look for another career. You will put under great strain while in the forces both mentally and physical. If the Forces did take you in and there is some thing wrong with you and you became seriously ill not only would they be held to blame for taking you on knowing you had this problem. They would then have the problem of paying you off with a pension and be held responsible for your future medical treatment.

Back