heardest lesson learned

--

December 16th, 2004  
implicature

Topic: heardest lesson learned

What was the hardest lesson learned while you were in Boot or RT etc?

I haven't done either but i think from what i have read/heard for me -based on my personality- i am doing the things i hate for a reason even if it is a few days/months/years down the road.
December 16th, 2004  
03USMC

I think the hardest lesson anyone learns is there are no individuals.
December 16th, 2004  
EuroSpike

Topic: Re: heardest lesson learned

Just interested but are you used to use collective punishments in US? One screws up, all will be punished?
--
December 16th, 2004  
03USMC

It's been known to happen
December 16th, 2004  
EuroSpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
It's been known to happen
Rumors tell something like that?

I have some experiments of collective punishments because invidual punishing is officially forbidden. During basic training when falling in for an exercise front of the barracks one recruit forgot his cloves in quarter room and that caused lot of on a double dismissing and rounding light pole clockwise with the whole company. Then at evening training few hours to wear and change different suits and do it quicly in about 3 minutes: combat gear, swimming suit, combat gear, sport suit, light service suit m83, sleeping suit, camo suit m62, camo suit m91 and "phantom" (sport suit, swimming suit and gasmask combined). Afterwards sounds and looks very stupid but it had it's own important purpose.
December 16th, 2004  
03USMC

No no rumors. In Marine Boot Camp they call it thrashing. One limp screws up everybody pays. Push ups, sit ups, mountain climbers.
December 16th, 2004  
EuroSpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
No no rumors. In Marine Boot Camp they call it thrashing. One limp screws up everybody pays. Push ups, sit ups, mountain climbers.
What is mountain climber? Sounds a bit like our called "pioneerikyykky" wich is a low standing position knees in 90 degrees both hands straightened forward, like sitting without chair, very popular and used daily. Painfull position for long time but does physically good.

How about non-physical punishments like essay writing about for example "what put me to smile in formation" or "100 reasons why did i forgot to salute"? And exploding "badly" made beds and closets?
December 16th, 2004  
03USMC

Moutain Climbers is a modified push up position combined with a running in place motion with the legs.
December 17th, 2004  
Rocky_Raccoon

we do mountain climbers in Wrestling, lemme tell you they are not fun, you are in an "improper" pushup position (meaning your butt is too high in the air) and you bring each knee to your chest. they really suck at first but once your conditioned for them, they are a breeze, now bear crawls are a pain period, your legs get soo cramped after 8 or 10minutes of them but its one of those mind over matter things.. keep going.
December 17th, 2004  
EuroSpike

How realistic image goarmy.com gives about training and service in US? I guess it shows only what is officially wanted to be shown.