Healthcare Bill vs. US Senate

technically you could own them you would just have to get the relevant licenses...
unfortunately the process is near impossible for mere mortals...

lol i find it amazing that Americans consider the ownership of weaponry a fundamental and necessary right...

but still atleast my rights can not be circumvented
but any ways...
what is the reason that the US has so much difficulty with accepting the idea of a publicly health system?

because as a people we value individualism over anything besides freedom, but that changing with all this new government in our lives like the patroit act :-(

6 Million private & another 1.7-2.1 million in home schooling. Numbers grow as govt schools get worse.

Also depends on how much you state spends on education. My school and all the schools I have had in my county are relativly nice, thats why some many move from neighboring counties to mine, nice schools, and they have kids.

Which makes another point, education is based on a local level of government, right down to the city or county level, so the condition and quality of public schools is delt with there.

Private schools may be more prestigious, but they're only really better if you live in a bad neighborhood. The public high school I went to had everything you could possibly want, even if it was packed with 3,200 kids (they've expanded it twice since I left, it's insane). It depends on the taxes.

Private schools may be more prestigious, but they're only really better if you live in a bad neighborhood. The public high school I went to had everything you could possibly want, even if it was packed with 3,200 kids (they've expanded it twice since I left, it's insane). It depends on the taxes.
Yeah. For example, where I live schools are funded by levies in stead of income taxes, so they only pass when the school is starting to have trouble paying utilities.

Yeah it really depends on where you live.
Some public schools are outstanding but these are the ones that are in rich neighborhoods.

People are quick to blame the school system and the teachers these days, but from my experience many kids are just willfully ignorant - they have no interest in their education and are pretty much there because they have to be. Even in a horrible school where you get no attention from the teachers, you have the book, you have the tools you need to succeed. Failure is on the student - but no one wants to hear that about their kid.

People are quick to blame the school system and the teachers these days, but from my experience many kids are just willfully ignorant - they have no interest in their education and are pretty much there because they have to be. Even in a horrible school where you get no attention from the teachers, you have the book, you have the tools you need to succeed. Failure is on the student - but no one wants to hear that about their kid.

I think your assessment misses the mark, people (be they adult or child) get away with whatever they are allowed to get away with and continually push boundaries of what ever restrictions they have this has been a fact of life since the first "rule" was put in place.

The failure of the school system is just a symptom of the over all failure to enforce consequences to actions, this is why you have a general disregard for authority and property world wide.

As far as schools go until you get a better standard of parenting and away from the idea that children are just "young adults" education will continue to deteriorate in general.

You may have the book, but the book may be older than you are. What can you expect good from a text book that lists George H.W. Bush as the president?

As a student in high school whos currently getting a 3.2 gpa, i say yes its the student, one is quick to point the finger at the schools, example being in the inner city schools the attentence is rediclously low, if your not there you cant learn. Also if they are there, they do nothing, and if you look the good student that come to school and do there work, they get a good education and grades. In high school anyone can get a 4.0, its just a matter of how much you wont to work

Yeah. For example, where I live schools are funded by levies in stead of income taxes, so they only pass when the school is starting to have trouble paying utilities.
Income taxes?? never heard of that, just property taxes. Problem is lack of disipline, parents who think thier kids are perfect, self esteeme nonsence, social grade promotions. Neal boortz has been quoting Woodrow Wilson as saying govt schools shouldn't educate people beyond what is required to be a good citizen, reserving good education to the elite class. Seems to be doing a great job of dumbing down the population. As far as funding is concered Washinton D.C. schools are failing with twice the per student funding as very sucsessfull school systems in places like West Virginia.

Various factors.
Parents don't emphasize education enough.
Pop culture suggests educated people are bad/stupid.
Pop culture glorifies the ignorant and uneducated.

AND lack of discipline.
Without discipline there is no learning.
Where there is no learning, creativity is meaningless.

This is horrible.. We are going to lose our insurance because of this bill. We already have a 1 trillion deficit running..what makes them think we can afford more? SS and medicare are already trillion a year.

This is horrible.. We are going to lose our insurance because of this bill. We already have a 1 trillion deficit running..what makes them think we can afford more? SS and medicare are already trillion a year.
Yeah, in giving us insurance we're going to lose our insurance. That makes sense.

I have a question if/when this new system goes through what is going to happen to the likes of Medicare?

It seems to me that if this system provided insurance to all and was built into existing medical programs then wouldn't it make the likes of Medicare redundant in which case it could turn out to be more efficient?

Last edited:
Back