Health Issues & Joining The Military

VeronicaAirForce1

Hello there everybody. :)

So this is me asking for a friend.
This friend of mine has some health things, but she wants to join the Swedish military. I know each country has their own rules and requirements for joining the military. But maybe some of you can still help me shed some light on this.

So the number one thing my friend has, that is a more major issue is narcolepsy. She also has cataplexy.

Now my question is, despite those two. Is there even a remote chance that she can join the Swedish military? I know it seems unlikely but I want to know if there is even a remote chance she could get accepted. Is there even a 1% chance?

She wants to join the military. But her darn narcolepsy and cataplexy is stopping her from even considering it. I want to find out if there is a chance, no matter how small it is if she can join. Other people with disabilities or other health problems can join. So I wonder if she can despite her two health things.

Any information or answers to this would be much appreciated! :)

Hello there everybody. :)

So this is me asking for a friend.
This friend of mine has some health things, but she wants to join the Swedish military. I know each country has their own rules and requirements for joining the military. But maybe some of you can still help me shed some light on this.

So the number one thing my friend has, that is a more major issue is narcolepsy. She also has cataplexy.

Now my question is, despite those two. Is there even a remote chance that she can join the Swedish military? I know it seems unlikely but I want to know if there is even a remote chance she could get accepted. Is there even a 1% chance?

She wants to join the military. But her darn narcolepsy and cataplexy is stopping her from even considering it. I want to find out if there is a chance, no matter how small it is if she can join. Other people with disabilities or other health problems can join. So I wonder if she can despite her two health things.

Any information or answers to this would be much appreciated! :)

How to put this delicately....No, she can't join the Swedish military. Her health issues will disqualify her to join the regular forces. She might be accepted in the home guard, but I doubt it.

Take a look at the Swedish armed forces website. There is a drive just now to get more women to join. The Swedish military is visiting different locations all around the country and she can visit the one close to where she lives and have a chat with them

Back