Headmaster killer to be freed

I don't get the "after serving 14 years of a life sentence".... Isn't a life sentence a life sentence? This is even the case in Holland. When you get life, you leave prison when you are dead!
What is the world coming to if we are sterner than the British....

It's truly ridiculous.
it's almost like the initial sentences are just made up to make the grieving families shut up.

Sorry but I have a view that if you murder someone like that society should just be done with you.

And I don't mean by having them serve life sentences or waiting forever on death row.

The only problem with that is, as history will testify, people are sent to be executed that are later found innocent. It's not fool proof.

Now days with DNA samples and probably eye witnesses in this case, it's pretty safe to say there is a lot smaller chance of an innocent being put to death.

Nothing is error proof, do we really want to house every single murderer, child molester and rapist in prison for life? (Though the second two VERY rarely get anything close to a life sentence).

No the case wasn't a death sentence.
It was a life sentence.
You can still free the guy and give compensation if wrong (though it's still sh1tty) but this wasn't the case now was it?
Also I know there's DNA etc etc but I doubt they're used in anything except the most high profile cases.

No the case wasn't a death sentence.
It was a life sentence.
You can still free the guy and give compensation if wrong (though it's still sh1tty) but this wasn't the case now was it?
Also I know there's DNA etc etc but I doubt they're used in anything except the most high profile cases.
I know it wasn't a death sentence. I think life sentences are bull. Why are we keeping them alive? Give me one good reason and one good thing they do for our world locked away in a prison for whatever the remainder their life is?

Or in this case, getting lenient and letting out a dangerous criminal that started at a very young age. Scary.

DNA

Most of the cases are old cases when they're found out to be innocent.
I doubt that happens very often nowadays. And as far as Texas, yes, he would have already been excuted.
That is one thing I can say about Bush, no matter how much you like or dislike his presidency, he is a true Texan. Of that I haven't always been happy. But there's nothing I can do about that. (hope I haven't made anyone completely disown me with my bluntness), but it's true , not every president is perfect, so there were times I didn't agree with him, but I doubt he cared.:???:

I don't get the "after serving 14 years of a life sentence".... Isn't a life sentence a life sentence? This is even the case in Holland. When you get life, you leave prison when you are dead!
What is the world coming to if we are sterner than the British....

Wrong. I don't really want to get into details here because I won't start working through tons of statistics from various countries just for this thread. So don't ask for sources, please. But the numbers I found for the average time in prison after getting a life sentence are:

Germany: 18-20 years
Belgium and France: 10-14 years
Denmark/Holland: 11 years
Sweden: 9,6 years
England: 9 years

A life sentence is a life sentence, all right, but in almost every country there's the possibility of being pardoned.

Back