Head money on German soldiers in Afghanistan

systemlord

After information of the Hamburger Abendblatt terror cells in Afghanistan suspend head funds for the killing of German soldiers. They are calling on handbills, posters and by mouth-to-mouth propaganda. The head funds are graduated: 500 US dollar for a German Federal Armed Forces officer, 300 dollar for an NCO and 100 dollar for crew ranks, as the Abendblatt experienced from the German Federal Armed Forces. At present Germany places the largest troop contingent of the international safety troop for Afghanistan ISAF with approximately 2200 soldiers. During a special meeting on 28 September 2005 the Bundestag decided with large majority the expansion of the mandate, whereby the number of soldiers increases to 3000 soldiers as well as the length of the application extends for one year until October 2006.

So what? Just another attempt to instill fear in the folks back home. Maybe the Germans should double that amount for any Al Quaida heads.

Used to be (back in the day and not sure where I had read it) that the enemy prized a Marine's distinctive 8-point cover. If he could bring back the cover and proof of the kill he was rewarded. Like I said, I am not sure where I read it or what era it was in but I do remember it.

Back