Hawk Mountain

silent driller

Anybody here from the state of Pennsylvania? Ever heard of Hawk Mountain? Good. I just kicked your mountain's ASS! Just got back from the Hawk Mountain Ranger School(for search and rescue, not combat). I am now a fully certified, fully qualified, fully sleep deprived class 2 Ranger in CAP! I am also GTM2(ground team member, level 2) qualified. My feet have various fungi and sores and blisters, and they are happy feet. Any other Rangers(Army included) here?

Very good, congratulations! :)

(But be carefull about calling yourself a Ranger anyway.. ;) )

congratulations. best to stick to R2 instead of Ranger. My friend came back as a R2 also. He's thinking about going to Tango Squadron next yr for Ranger. I might go next yr as well depends on what else happens.

A lot of cadets in my old unit where Ranger 1st and I have a friend in PA who is Expert Medic/Expert Ranger.

he he he... SAREX! lol, sorry, joke about the Word Association thread...

That's where I got the word from, not Hawk Mountain, but Search and Rescue in general.

Awesome job! I'm gonna do my First Aid/BBP training this weekend then they are filing my paperwork and i'll be a GTM. OOOHhh goody.. talk about gettin shot through the program.. I went to the first training in may.. wow.

Redleg said:
Very good, congratulations! :)

(But be carefull about calling yourself a Ranger anyway.. ;) )

I dare not call myself such in military company.

...And who is your friend, Nulli? I may have met him/ her on the mountain.
I am considering Tango next year myself. I was in Golf this year... Got the pink belt twice. Honor sqadron once.

The SM's at our squadron are forcing him to take the Billy Mitchell test. They found out that he had been putting ACDC all the way down. So when im a Cheif im going to break his record of over 2 yrs unless i accidently pass :D .

nulli secundus said:
The SM's at our squadron are forcing him to take the Billy Mitchell test. They found out that he had been putting ACDC all the way down. So when im a Cheif im going to break his record of over 2 yrs unless i accidently pass :D .
Doesn't wanna be an officer? haha. That's great. I wish i felt like I could just slack off for 2 months and not test... how much fun that would be again... lol. j/p

CrazyCadet142 said:
nulli secundus said:
Doesn't wanna be an officer? haha. That's great. I wish i felt like I could just slack off for 2 months and not test... how much fun that would be again... lol. j/p

Also according to CAPF 2b Membership Termination Failure to progress 2 ranks per year is cause for Termination of Membership for cadet by the Squadron Commander. Though to date I have never seen it done

JAdkinson said:
Also according to CAPF 2b Membership Termination Failure to progress 2 ranks per year is cause for Termination of Membership for cadet by the Squadron Commander. Though to date I have never seen it done
Well he may not be a cadet to model after their not going to terminate his membership due to him not wanting to passover to the dark side of the cadet program. He's probably one of the best flight commanders in the CAP cadet program.

JAdkinson said:

haha, yeah I was wondering about that! I knew I had heard something about it on Cadetstuff, but hey, I hear a lot of things there! lol.

nulli secundus said:
Well he may not be a cadet to model after their not going to terminate his membership due to him not wanting to passover to the dark side of the cadet program. He's probably one of the best flight commanders in the CAP cadet program.

I'm sure he is, and that's probably why they haven't said anything, but it really sorts out those who are in it on again off again and those who are using Nationals resources wisely. Some people just don't want to be officers, and some don't think they are ready, and thats why regs are always being broken by everybody. lol.

silent driller said:
I dare not call myself such in military company.

You are in military company, there are a few former and current Rangers, besides myself that visit this board. I am suprised that CAP would sink to the level of having a program with that title.

Nonetheless, congrats on your accomplishment, keep pushing and working hard.

The history of it(the term Ranger) goes back 40 years. They actually used to wear ranger(2nd, 1st, etc) tabs, but it was banned after people started getting too big for their britches. And they used to call themselves Airborne Rangers, but we're not really airborne, so it's just Ranger for the bold ones and R2, R1, Advanced/ Medic, Expert for the smart ones. If I should ever speak on this topic again, I'll refer to myself as an R2. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers. And where on Earth are all the Army Rangers? I know there are at least 3 floating around here. Speak ye or forever hold thy peace!

...Nulli, I met a few Chiefs, and they all had names. What was this particular Chief's name?

Staff cadet BOO

Ive been a staff cadet at hawk mountain ranger school for 3 years and im not so sure that youve "kicked its ass." You may remember me from the Alpha XO position i held this year...i love talking about the mountain so feel free to ask questions.
p.s. there WAS an airborne section of hawk mountain until about 20 years ago. the air force cut our funding when we beat them to a high media plane crash.

Back