Hawk Mountain Ranger School

--

March 30th, 2005  
silent driller

Topic: Hawk Mountain Ranger School

I've been accepted back to Hawk Mountain Ranger School. Anyone else in here going back or going for the first time? I hope to see you.
March 30th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

I sent in my application but no word yet. I don't expect a word for awhile. Sent it in a few weeks ago.
March 30th, 2005  
behemoth79

congradulations
--
April 25th, 2005  
fronzz

Do you have to be a certain age/grade to go?
April 28th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

For the first time you just need to be a c/airmen I believe. I got in, got the package today. But not totaly sure if I'm going or not. Mainly because I'm applying for another thing that starts one day before Hawk Mountian and is 19 days long and I'd get paid $25 a week. So $50 in all.
April 28th, 2005  
AFSteliga

Congrats, silent.

I hope you have a good time at the School.
May 2nd, 2005  
silent driller

Thanks, folks. I appreciate it.
June 13th, 2005  
cap_907

check out the website at www.pawg.cap.gov/hawk and try to achieve a ranger grade if you go 8) - if you are doing basic, you will probably graduate with Ranger 2nd class. Advanced will be Ranger 1st class.
June 13th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Those who go as basic don't usually get R-2 the first time. They usually get R-3. The Chief at my squadron got R-2 his first time but he studied his butt off day and night to get it.
June 15th, 2005  
silent driller

We have a small bit of confusion here. R3 is automatic. If you have the sack to show up to the school, you are an R3. R2 is what you normally graduate with(you must pass all the requirements on your list). If you really think you're a bad ass, you can try for your R1 your first year.