Hawk Mountain Ranger School

silent driller

I've been accepted back to Hawk Mountain Ranger School. Anyone else in here going back or going for the first time? I hope to see you.

For the first time you just need to be a c/airmen I believe. I got in, got the package today. But not totaly sure if I'm going or not. Mainly because I'm applying for another thing that starts one day before Hawk Mountian and is 19 days long and I'd get paid $25 a week. So $50 in all.

Those who go as basic don't usually get R-2 the first time. They usually get R-3. The Chief at my squadron got R-2 his first time but he studied his butt off day and night to get it.

We have a small bit of confusion here. R3 is automatic. If you have the sack to show up to the school, you are an R3. R2 is what you normally graduate with(you must pass all the requirements on your list). If you really think you're a bad ass, you can try for your R1 your first year.

I was thinking about going to hawk mountain many cadets from my squadron have gone, they say its a great experience. IDK i work alot and I'm gettin my pilots this summer so maybe next summer i can fit it in.

Cadet Chief Robot said:
I could of sworn that just because you went to Hawk Mountain doesn't mean you get a ranger grade. I would show ya'll where I saw it but the link won't work for me as of now. I'm pretty sure I saw it here http://pawg.cap.gov/hawk/summer.htm

R3 isn't really a "grade." There's no card for it, only the fact that you showed up to the school. By the way, I went through Tango Squadron this year. I must say my 13 fellow Rangers and I shared a profound experience. It's the first time I've ever come away from a CAP function really missing my comrades.

I went this year as a basic and it was awsome...hard work, but worth the great times and the sense of accomplishment. :p

P.S. Silent Driller, did you know or meet a guy named barnes or "blonde"

DrillMaster00 said:
I went this year as a basic and it was awsome...hard work, but worth the great times and the sense of accomplishment. :p

P.S. Silent Driller, did you know or meet a guy named barnes or "blonde"

As a matter of fact, I'm the one who gave him the "Blondie" nickname! I was Spooner, by the way.

Back