Have Younger Men Become to Submissive to Women?

Have men become too submissive?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 62.2%
  • No.

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • I am offended by this question.

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • No Opinion.

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters

pixiedustboo

Redfidelboo
I am curious on how the ladies feel on this issue and the men themselves.

I personally feel men have become to submissive towards women and with that have lost some of their sex appeal. I'm taking majorly about my age group and younger here. *btw, this is in general, not ment to offend anyone.*

I am tired of having guys being sweet and romantic ALL of the time. Society has painted the picture that women want that kind of men for relationships when sometimes damn it, we just want to be thrown over your shoulder or - God forbid, have you tell us, "no." I am aware not all women feel this way, however I also know that a lot of women DO feel this way and it's SO frustrating when we have to take charge because males don't want to risk offending us.

Along with the bra burning period I think we burned another part of our social relations. I feel like submissive metrosexual men are all we are going to be getting. (Nothing against that in general, relationship wise however, quite a few of us women want a little more dominance).

What's your entire take on this?

(I was reading below on the polls and the "virgin" topic made me think of this).

I personally feel men have become to submissive towards women and with that have lost some of their sex appeal...

I am tired of having guys being sweet and romantic ALL of the time. Society has painted the picture that women want that kind of men for relationships when sometimes damn it, we just want to be thrown over your shoulder or - God forbid, have you tell us, "no." I am aware not all women feel this way, however I also know that a lot of women DO feel this way and it's SO frustrating when we have to take charge because males don't want to risk offending us.

I think you hit the nail right on the head... (Sorry guys) But some men are pansies anymore (not all) But I'm sorry if a man can't say "no" to a woman and lets her walk all over him, then I don't think much of him as a man. And your right men have lost their sex appeal because of this. I don't want a guys who's more of a girl then I am!

Thanks for the post Peddler. And that phrase is something I use all of the time, "I don't want a guy who's more of a girl than I am." LOL!

I really had hoped to see some more comments on this - and more votes.

Any more takers?

Well, I can't speak for younger men, but just from observation, I see no evidence of such happenings in Texas. Young males have become more sneaky, maybe that gives the impression that they are more submissive.

well i cant say all guys have become too submissive...but i have noticed a good bit have...i voted yes because there wasnt an option that totally fit...i dont know about other girls..but i for one like guys who fall in the middle of that...someone who is not a jerk but isnt a sissy either. i agree with pixie...i dont want a guy who is more girly than i am lol

I fall into the category mentioned, and I agree.

I feel as if I can't be as agressive, just by the way gender roles are advancing in this time and age.

Or maybe it was just my overbearing girlfriend... I dunno. I said yes.

I said no, because it seems to me that no one really knows what they want. Girls say they want the nice guy, but when he comes around the chick goes out with a jerk. Or she just says he's too nice to date. That's not true for every girl; but, I've seen it happen enough times to make a generalization with it.

As for guys . . . well I don't care to watch dating patterns of dudes because I have no intentions of dating one.

So I leave ya’ll with this: keep the shiny side up, the muddy side down, and the pointy end leading the way.

Ha! If you hung out with my friends you wouldn't even post this. They pull **** that could get them slapped or sent to jail and get away with it because the girls want them.

Not submissive at all, even the ones with babies. :smile:

I said no, because it seems to me that no one really knows what they want. Girls say they want the nice guy, but when he comes around the chick goes out with a jerk. Or she just says he's too nice to date. That's not true for every girl; but, I've seen it happen enough times to make a generalization with it.

As for guys . . . well I don't care to watch dating patterns of dudes because I have no intentions of dating one.

So I leave ya’ll with this: keep the shiny side up, the muddy side down, and the pointy end leading the way.

We do want a nice guy. But in my opinion girls want a nice guy that will put his foot down too. Therefore in the end the forgo the nice guy and go out with the jerk. Not smart, but I understand why to a point.

I fall into the category mentioned, and I agree.

I feel as if I can't be as agressive, just by the way gender roles are advancing in this time and age.

Or maybe it was just my overbearing girlfriend... I dunno. I said yes.

+1 on the gender roles comment.

I agree fully and it's depressing as hell to me. With guys I tend to see how he reacts to me and if he acts weak then I get frustrated and keep pushing. Maybe you should put your foot down with your gf and test the waters.

Then again, I think a lot of men don't even want to have that control in a relationship anymore - they are content with letting the women take over. Some women are okay with that I'm sure, and some love it, but I know a lot of us wouldn't mind a guy who knew what's going on either.

Ha! If you hung out with my friends you wouldn't even post this. They pull **** that could get them slapped or sent to jail and get away with it because the girls want them.

Not submissive at all, even the ones with babies. :smile:

I'm not talking about jerks.

I'm talking about dominant men.

Come back when you understand that difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not talking about jerks.

I'm talking about dominant men.

Come back when you understand that difference.

Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't think they were called jerks if the woman they're messing with enjoys it and goes to bed with them multiple times. Maybe you don't understand the difference. Or maybe you just have different tastes.

I guess that proves your point. Men have to be :cens: in this culture in case they find someone like yourself.

Dominance in men can often be ugly, especially when in the hands of "inexperienced " persons. I feel that a better word in this case is "assertive". Not losing sight of the fact that both sides must be involved in major decision making.

I know that I'm a product of my time, but I see dominance in females as a very negative thing.

None of the above alludes in any way that there are not females out there who are perfectly capable of taking charge of any given situation and doing a good job of it.

Assertiveness is something that must be done with respect, and in the case of our partners and friends, a lotta love.

Dominance in men can often be ugly, especially when in the hands of "inexperienced " persons. I feel that a better word in this case is "assertive". Not losing sight of the fact that both sides must be involved in major decision making.

I know that I'm a product of my time, but I see dominance in females as a very negative thing.

None of the above alludes in any way that there are not females out there who are perfectly capable of taking charge of any given situation and doing a good job of it.

Assertiveness is something that must be done with respect, and in the case of our partners and friends, a lotta love.

Mm, I agree with the "assertive" being a better word. I still don't see dominance as an overall bad thing - but I do agree with you that it can be a very bad thing in the wrong situation.

Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't think they were called jerks if the woman they're messing with enjoys it and goes to bed with them multiple times. Maybe you don't understand the difference. Or maybe you just have different tastes.

I guess that proves your point. Men have to be pussies in this culture in case they find someone like yourself.

"Getting slapped" and "sent to jail" are those not terms you used to describe your friends relationships? To me that equals jerks - not men.

And wth does wanting to have sex with a man have to do with the first post you made in conjunction with this one? This isn't tying in for me, would you explain?

I was not defining sexual aspects soley in the topic, in case this is what your two posts were refering too.

For me it has nothing to do with the sexual aspects or a man being a "bully". I would pick a "Take Charge" man over a submissive one any day. A man who has confidence and has a strong self esteem. Also, Motivated and dedicated to achieving anything. And doesn't sit when a women says sit. Is very sexy to me. But still tied into it is a so-called "nice" guy. A man's man but not in a over dominance way. Men who aren't afraid of their girlfriends.

"Smack it up, flip it, rub it down, oh noooooooooo!" - Stylz and the JIZ (originally by New Edition) Worst smoking we ever got in AIT was because of these lyrics and a female drill sergeant.

Most younger men have become passive aggressive little girls. They take crap from everyone who has more estrogen than them or bigger than them and then talk a load of smack as soon as its "safe". I think its called being "metrosexual" or some other euphemistic load of bollocks.

I'm a knuckle draggin caveman and proud of it, though it took two divorces and a swift kick to pull my head out and return my testicles to the fully dropped position.

Last edited:
Most younger men have become passive aggressive little girls. They take crap from everyone who has more estrogen than them or bigger than them and then talk a load of smack as soon as its "safe". I think its called being "metrosexual" or some other euphemistic load of bollocks.

See now that is what I'm talking about! Totally agree with you Bulldogg :D

"Smack it up, flip it, rub it down, oh noooooooooo!" - Stylz and the JIZ (originally by New Edition) Worst smoking we ever got in AIT was because of these lyrics and a female drill sergeant.

I'm a knuckle draggin caveman and proud of it, though it took two divorces and a swift kick to pull my head out and return my testicles to the fully dropped position.

*start Irish accent* dats too bad son, woulds ya like me ta be finding ya a nice catolic girl den?

I founds me one fer sure der Fadder.

And for those younger lads and yearn to learn from us older types' mistakes I offer the following simple three-step programme to dropping your testicles and becoming a man.

hard-hit.jpg

1103-mallett,0.jpg

johnhopoate1_wideweb__430x275.jpg

Result.
Pic4MORGANTREACYINPHO.jpg

Last edited:
Back