Have Younger Men Become to Submissive to Women?




View Poll Results :Have men become too submissive?
Yes. 28 62.22%
No. 11 24.44%
I am offended by this question. 4 8.89%
No Opinion. 2 4.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

 
--
Have Younger Men Become to Submissive to Women?
 
May 21st, 2007  
pixiedustboo
 
 

Topic: Have Younger Men Become to Submissive to Women?


Have Younger Men Become to Submissive to Women?
I am curious on how the ladies feel on this issue and the men themselves.

I personally feel men have become to submissive towards women and with that have lost some of their sex appeal. I'm taking majorly about my age group and younger here. *btw, this is in general, not ment to offend anyone.*

I am tired of having guys being sweet and romantic ALL of the time. Society has painted the picture that women want that kind of men for relationships when sometimes damn it, we just want to be thrown over your shoulder or - God forbid, have you tell us, "no." I am aware not all women feel this way, however I also know that a lot of women DO feel this way and it's SO frustrating when we have to take charge because males don't want to risk offending us.

Along with the bra burning period I think we burned another part of our social relations. I feel like submissive metrosexual men are all we are going to be getting. (Nothing against that in general, relationship wise however, quite a few of us women want a little more dominance).

What's your entire take on this?



(I was reading below on the polls and the "virgin" topic made me think of this).


May 21st, 2007  
Peddler
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedustboo
I personally feel men have become to submissive towards women and with that have lost some of their sex appeal...

I am tired of having guys being sweet and romantic ALL of the time. Society has painted the picture that women want that kind of men for relationships when sometimes damn it, we just want to be thrown over your shoulder or - God forbid, have you tell us, "no." I am aware not all women feel this way, however I also know that a lot of women DO feel this way and it's SO frustrating when we have to take charge because males don't want to risk offending us.
I think you hit the nail right on the head... (Sorry guys) But some men are pansies anymore (not all) But I'm sorry if a man can't say "no" to a woman and lets her walk all over him, then I don't think much of him as a man. And your right men have lost their sex appeal because of this. I don't want a guys who's more of a girl then I am!
May 22nd, 2007  
pixiedustboo
 
 
Thanks for the post Peddler. And that phrase is something I use all of the time, "I don't want a guy who's more of a girl than I am." LOL!

I really had hoped to see some more comments on this - and more votes.

Any more takers?
--
Have Younger Men Become to Submissive to Women?
May 23rd, 2007  
Missileer
 
 
Well, I can't speak for younger men, but just from observation, I see no evidence of such happenings in Texas. Young males have become more sneaky, maybe that gives the impression that they are more submissive.
May 23rd, 2007  
CrazyLilCajun
 
 
well i cant say all guys have become too submissive...but i have noticed a good bit have...i voted yes because there wasnt an option that totally fit...i dont know about other girls..but i for one like guys who fall in the middle of that...someone who is not a jerk but isnt a sissy either. i agree with pixie...i dont want a guy who is more girly than i am lol
May 27th, 2007  
The Other Guy
 
 
I fall into the category mentioned, and I agree.

I feel as if I can't be as agressive, just by the way gender roles are advancing in this time and age.

Or maybe it was just my overbearing girlfriend... I dunno. I said yes.
May 27th, 2007  
C/2nd Lt Robot
 
 
I said no, because it seems to me that no one really knows what they want. Girls say they want the nice guy, but when he comes around the chick goes out with a jerk. Or she just says he's too nice to date. That's not true for every girl; but, I've seen it happen enough times to make a generalization with it.

As for guys . . . well I don't care to watch dating patterns of dudes because I have no intentions of dating one.

So I leave ya’ll with this: keep the shiny side up, the muddy side down, and the pointy end leading the way.
May 28th, 2007  
major liability
 
 
Ha! If you hung out with my friends you wouldn't even post this. They pull **** that could get them slapped or sent to jail and get away with it because the girls want them.

Not submissive at all, even the ones with babies.
May 28th, 2007  
pixiedustboo
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by C/2nd Lt Robot
I said no, because it seems to me that no one really knows what they want. Girls say they want the nice guy, but when he comes around the chick goes out with a jerk. Or she just says he's too nice to date. That's not true for every girl; but, I've seen it happen enough times to make a generalization with it.

As for guys . . . well I don't care to watch dating patterns of dudes because I have no intentions of dating one.

So I leave ya’ll with this: keep the shiny side up, the muddy side down, and the pointy end leading the way.
We do want a nice guy. But in my opinion girls want a nice guy that will put his foot down too. Therefore in the end the forgo the nice guy and go out with the jerk. Not smart, but I understand why to a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Guy
I fall into the category mentioned, and I agree.

I feel as if I can't be as agressive, just by the way gender roles are advancing in this time and age.

Or maybe it was just my overbearing girlfriend... I dunno. I said yes.
+1 on the gender roles comment.

I agree fully and it's depressing as hell to me. With guys I tend to see how he reacts to me and if he acts weak then I get frustrated and keep pushing. Maybe you should put your foot down with your gf and test the waters.

Then again, I think a lot of men don't even want to have that control in a relationship anymore - they are content with letting the women take over. Some women are okay with that I'm sure, and some love it, but I know a lot of us wouldn't mind a guy who knew what's going on either.


Quote:
Originally Posted by major liability
Ha! If you hung out with my friends you wouldn't even post this. They pull **** that could get them slapped or sent to jail and get away with it because the girls want them.

Not submissive at all, even the ones with babies.
I'm not talking about jerks.

I'm talking about dominant men.

Come back when you understand that difference.
May 28th, 2007  
major liability
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedustboo
I'm not talking about jerks.

I'm talking about dominant men.

Come back when you understand that difference.
Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't think they were called jerks if the woman they're messing with enjoys it and goes to bed with them multiple times. Maybe you don't understand the difference. Or maybe you just have different tastes.

I guess that proves your point. Men have to be in this culture in case they find someone like yourself.
 


Similar Topics
Retrosexuals Movement!
College courses for men:
Women talk three times as much as men, says study
Women face increasing violence in Iraq, Afghanistan and Somalia
Men are too rough to train with, Army tells women