Have Younger Men Become to Submissive to Women?

Have men become too submissive?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 62.2%
  • No.

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • I am offended by this question.

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • No Opinion.

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters
My wife and i but heads in this topic all the time.
I was raised as the Male being the head of the household.
My wife sees the head of the household as being "King" where as i see it as a Burden and responisbility. This means that i am responsible for everyone else' well being. It comes down to financial decisions and disciplining our children most of the time but I still spoil her. There are times when i let her nag til she gets what she wants but sometimes i have to tell her no (RESPECTFULLY BUT STERN).

The problem arrises when she says that it is 50-50 when in my eyes it will never be. I am Husband, Dad, Marine, NCO, and Team leader and that is that [PERIOD].

I voted yes but not because i am softer but because females can pull the "descrimination" card and then the red carpet comes out and makes almost all men [except the knuckle dragging cave men] think "life is easier if she THINKS she is in charge for a while" and for the most part this is true.

no disrespect feel free to object.

Last edited:
I kinda have a change of heart on things over the last week, yes the younger guys are getting to god damn wimpie.

I just broke up with a guy thats younger than me, and all he did was cry...:-(

Like there was no WTF, or is there someone else...just yes I respect you and I will go away and die.:sarc:

And I am now left with out ok see ya thats it.

And wheres the fun it that :?:

I voted no because my girl told me too.

I truly believe that society in general is becoming more sissy like. Women in general lie. They want Mr. Right, but I always see them going out with Mr. Scumbag wife beater....

Make up you damn mind.

I voted 'no'.

Overall, I don't think that men have become submissive to women.

Now if you take a young male/teenager, he will appear submissive to a female because he is still at a stage of discovering (and/or at toss-ups with his id and ego). Females of this age group are the same way as well.

Otherwise, the older/more mature men (or at least most of them should by now) have their superego pretty intact and they (I believe) would prefer to just try and get along ie. compromise with their significant other rather than create a battle scene for every situation. This happens in homosexual relationships as well....only a little more conflicting.

In my life's experiences, I have learned that a man will always have an innate stronghold in him that a woman will dare to defy. It's part of human nature and something that we struggle to understand, but accept and adapt to especially where love or long-term relationship is a concern.

At any rate, pixiedustboo, this is a good topic for discussion, and it's always good to read what other views are. Incidentally, I see that you are a March Aries female (which is what I am also), and astrologically speaking..........we are extremely aggressive females. But hey, that's a whole different ballpark from the current discussion. :)

With my girlfriend here is the way it is - sometimes im right, and sometimes she is right. What I cant stand is what was meantioned above, the hypocracy of a girl saying she likes a "nice guy", then going forward and dating all a**holes. Being part of said younger generation, I feel the awnser is no, conditionally. There are plenty of examples where this is going to be incorrect, but all in all guys have gotten more....cant think of a good word.....knowledgeable (for lack of a better word). Think about it, not all that long ago, men were thought of as the only head of the household. Women were supposed to stay home and deal with kids/household matters. The man was in charge. Now a days, women are going into college at an equal rate to men, many in very high paying and high stress enviroments. I think that this creating an atmosphere where the man dominated world of our fathers/grandfathers is balancing itself out a bit more.

Im going to use me as an example of this. Im starting college in August, going in for an Aerospace Engineering degree. My girlfriend (completely coincidentily) is going into the same school for the same major. She is as smart as me, but much more motivated. There are times where I put my foot down, and she learned very quickly that im going to be what I am, im not doing any of this changing bullsh*t. But that doesnt mean that I dominate over her, she is right as much of the time as I am. Thats why Id like to think that now a day relationships are more equal then in earlier days.

+1 on the gender roles comment.

I agree fully and it's depressing as hell to me. With guys I tend to see how he reacts to me and if he acts weak then I get frustrated and keep pushing. Maybe you should put your foot down with your gf and test the waters.

I did, and I'm single now. :) I don't care though, I'm happy being single.

My wife and i but heads in this topic all the time.
I was raised as the Male being the head of the household.
My wife sees the head of the household as being "King" where as i see it as a Burden and responisbility. This means that i am responsible for everyone else' well being. It comes down to financial decisions and disciplining our children most of the time but I still spoil her. There are times when i let her nag til she gets what she wants but sometimes i have to tell her no (RESPECTFULLY BUT STERN).

The problem arrises when she says that it is 50-50 when in my eyes it will never be. I am Husband, Dad, Marine, NCO, and Team leader and that is that [PERIOD].

I voted yes but not because i am softer but because females can pull the "descrimination" card and then the red carpet comes out and makes almost all men [except the knuckle dragging cave men] think "life is easier if she THINKS she is in charge for a while" and for the most part this is true.

no disrespect feel free to object.

I thought this was an awesome post. You brought up a GREAT point (several really). How some women feel men are lording over them as "kings" while the man himself feels it's his responsibility. There is always two sides of looking at things and I think this is a major reason why women now days are becoming so dominant to their partners.... Viewing it as a "king's" position the other always wants part of that power.

I do disagree on one point with you though, you saying it isn't 50-50. I think it IS 50-50. It's just a different 50-50. You have all the things you do on your "50" side and she has all the things she does on her "50" side and they are equal, just not measured in the same terms. That is just my opinion though. I think men and women fight too much about power struggles - what is so bad about having it be naturally one way? (Reguardless of how anyone feels on this subject, my opinion is that it's naturally the male's job to be head and the female to complement that. She is NOT lower in him any way doing this in my opinion).

I voted no because my girl told me too.

I truly believe that society in general is becoming more sissy like. Women in general lie. They want Mr. Right, but I always see them going out with Mr. Scumbag wife beater....

Make up you damn mind.

First off, LOL on the comment).

Second, that is because Mr. Right has become Mr. I-Can-Cry-At-All-Movies-With-You-Too. Don't get me wrong, I think a man that is able to show his feelings is no less a man, but society is making it seem like a man who is bawling through (ie) The Fox and the Hound is a good catch.... There is a point there when a woman wants a "tough" guy and sometimes if they have to take some of that fake macho BS and be abused through it they will. Not smart on the female's part, but it seems to be working for the crappy guys.

Overall, I don't think that men have become submissive to women.

Now if you take a young male/teenager, he will appear submissive to a female because he is still at a stage of discovering (and/or at toss-ups with his id and ego). Females of this age group are the same way as well.

Otherwise, the older/more mature men (or at least most of them should by now) have their superego pretty intact and they (I believe) would prefer to just try and get along ie. compromise with their significant other rather than create a battle scene for every situation. This happens in homosexual relationships as well....only a little more conflicting.

In my life's experiences, I have learned that a man will always have an innate stronghold in him that a woman will dare to defy. It's part of human nature and something that we struggle to understand, but accept and adapt to especially where love or long-term relationship is a concern.

At any rate, pixiedustboo, this is a good topic for discussion, and it's always good to read what other views are. Incidentally, I see that you are a March Aries female (which is what I am also), and astrologically speaking..........we are extremely aggressive females. But hey, that's a whole different ballpark from the current discussion. :)

I agree with sometimes the older men being more aggressive or more sure of themselves and their nature...but why can't the younger men be like that too? I don't even bother dating right now...I just get disgusted by the guys my age and I hate feeling like I am going to have to wait for them to learn how to handle a woman.... (lol, I don't really care how archaic that sounds).

Secondly, I don't believe in astrology nor the meanings behind it, but yah, I am aggressive with the fact that I will not tolerate a weak partner. That may be some women's cup of tea, to have a whiny "honey may I do this?" male but it's NOT mine, no matter how much I may want my way at times. I'd much rather have a guy who felt comfortable telling me 'no' than one who is going to be a total wimp in the relationship.

BTW, TheOtherGuy, I'm SORRY! LOL, I didn't mean to get you single! However, if that is something you feel like you want (just an example: more control, less being submissive) then that girl prolly wasn't the one for you. If you were happy like you were, ask her back out! I'm sorry! :(

Not sure ye girls are hanging around with the right men! In my opinion No. What age group are ye talking about? Ill speak for what Ive seen from the twenties group. Nah they havent at all...women are just becoming more bitchy I reckon. Women are becoming more dominant in general and are wanted more equal jobs etc. Maybe some see this as men stepping back but its just an equalisation.
In saying all that, some men are more eh....'gentle & quite' (trying to be polite)...not my cup of tea. But nouth wrong with it. Women dont get called for been either or, so why should a difference be made when it's the other way round.

Y'know, after having a falling-out with all of my women friends, I was forced to take a young man who decided to involve himself in that drama aside and inform him that if he ever stuck his nose where it did not belong again, the consequences would be dire.

Every person in the band room must have been his friend, because twenty minutes later I listened to a recitation of every sin I've committed to date by some of those same women. I think some men are getting soft, as he was, but some women either a. won't allow you to take up for them in these kinds of situations, or b. won't allow you to redeem yourself when you haven't done THAT much wrong. My sense of humor may have been fairly offbeat, but my heart had always been in the right place.

Not only that, these men won't STAND UP for women if it comes to that. Hell, I tackled one of my hunting buddies because he made an offhand comment about my sister. I only stopped short of sending us both through the window because a. I didn't want a brawl on my hands, and b. all our hunting equipment was in the landing path.

Last edited:
I am curious on how the ladies feel on this issue and the men themselves.

I personally feel men have become to submissive towards women and with that have lost some of their sex appeal. I'm taking majorly about my age group and younger here. *btw, this is in general, not ment to offend anyone.*

I am tired of having guys being sweet and romantic ALL of the time. Society has painted the picture that women want that kind of men for relationships when sometimes damn it, we just want to be thrown over your shoulder or - God forbid, have you tell us, "no." I am aware not all women feel this way, however I also know that a lot of women DO feel this way and it's SO frustrating when we have to take charge because males don't want to risk offending us.

Along with the bra burning period I think we burned another part of our social relations. I feel like submissive metrosexual men are all we are going to be getting. (Nothing against that in general, relationship wise however, quite a few of us women want a little more dominance).

What's your entire take on this?

(I was reading below on the polls and the "virgin" topic made me think of this).

Agreed. There is nothing sexier than a MAN who knows how to be a MAN while still having the teddy bear side that only you get to see, and being able to make a woman feel, well like a woman.

The more I read and the more I watch and the more I hear about, the more I'm glad I'm single!

Ahhhh, go onnnn,... get married. It will give you a whole new appreciation of what freedom is all about.

Nah,... I wouldn't be single for anything, I got myself a "keeper".

Back