Have we nailed Osama?

GuyontheRight

According to the latest Military.Com Intel...

Bin Laden Possibly Caught
SOURCES (MAY. 02)
U.S. Special Operations Forces have launched what was described as a major attack on Al Qaida strongholds in eastern Afghanistan over the last few days and Pakistani sources said several Al Qaida leaders have been captured.

This brings up the question that if the US did catch bin Laden, what would happen? I personally believe we would keep it quite, cause if we told the world in all, it would only bring out sympathizers for his cause, and anger many Islamic extremist.

On the other hand I’ve heard about the men of Task Force 11 looking for him, and although professional, alot of them are driven by rage, and I think there’s a chance somone would just get it over with on the spot.

Ok sound off, got any comments?

I believe that one of the worst things that could happen in a situation like this is that Osama was killed (executed...), and the muslim world/press got to know about it.

I think a situation like that would make him a muslim martyr, and we would soon see houndreds more Islamic extremists trying to follow his footsteps and becoming new Osamas....

A "legal" arrest and a fairest possible trial by an international court (not US) would be the best thing if he was/is found.
I think that this would be the only (almost) accepted thing for most of the muslim world. He is still considered a hero in many countries!

Keeping quiet about the arrest could also work, but I think it would be very hard to keep it a secret.

A "legal" arrest and a fairest possible trial by an international court (not US) would be the best thing if he was/is found.

We have scense it in the past, Somalia, Kosovo, the United Nations doesnt run these thigns as smoothly as they should, anf mnay arabs will get around to saying it's the US whos controlling the UN, which in truth, couldnt be anymore wrong.

The best thing I think is just to get ride of him ultra-silently, or in other words just kinda forget about him. The last thing anyone needs is to have the whole arab world screaming jihad on his arrest date.

Th best thing I think is just to get ride of him ultra-silently, or in other words just kinda forget about him. The last thing anyone needs is to have the whole arab world screaming jihad on his arrest date.

I do agree with you there.
But I do think that it would be very hard to keep it secret.
And if the word got out, then every little islamic extremist would come crawling out screaming Jihad....

That's why I think a "fair" trial would be the best thing.
Not US or UN led....

Im only partially for this idea, because As we are already seeing, some regime leaders are being put into the new governemnt, like the Govenor of Tikrit. I think only the most senior Iraqi's (ie. Huissen and Sons) should be tryed.

GuyontheRight said:
Im only partially for this idea, because As we are already seeing, some regime leaders are being put into the new governemnt, like the Govenor of Tikrit. I think only the most senior Iraqi's (ie. Huissen and Sons) should be tryed.

I do agree with you on that...
Letting Iraqi courts take care of the senior regime leaders (Saddam and his sons) can be a good way to calm the situation down in Iraq.

This could also be a solution if they capture Bin Laden.
Let a (western friendly) muslim country (like Turkey...??) take care of a trial, using muslim laws.
I think That would be more accepted by the rest of the muslim world, rather than a trial in USA or England.
(If silent killing fails... :sniper: )

:D

(Is there really no one else out there who wants to discuss with us?? :?:
And you are climbing the ranks fast now GuyontheRight.. 8) 2. Lt soon now!)

I would like to see the Saudies try bin Laden if at all possible, it would really set an example in the arab world :D

Yea, seems like we are the only guys around :roll:

not so

I don't think we have nailedOsama. He is still alive organizing another atack on U.S soil. I bet you he is in Berlin right now. He wants many people to beleive he is dead. But he is gathering more soldiers. We must stop him before its to late.

Back