I have a question

major Krause

I am going to be recruiting next week at 5 middle schools I have 67 people I have to speak to. On top of that I have to give a speech towards thee entire school what should I say.:confused:

Well, I did that 2 years ago, Tell them who you are, how long have you been in program, what teams are you in for CAP or JROTC, what you did in program, tell them what are JROTC or CAP. But last thing you should to say "Please join CAP or JROTC and be proud to be an American!" Well, I hope it might help you.

You could talk about the lessions you have learned through JROTC and how they have effected your life. Also inclued cool stuff you have had the privlage of doing, like activities, drill comp, etc.

Alliehz gives some good advice. You're going to be talking to middle schoolers so most of them aren't going to be interested in anything that doesn't sound fun. Highlight the activities you do that makes JROTC (I assmue is your group) unique present it as an opportunity to do something completely different in the school enviroment. Don't get too bogged down in talking about the opportunities it can open for you, middle schoolers aren't that interested in what's going to happen to them when they're out of school. But don't not mention them either, just focus more on the "fun" stuff. Kinda like military recruiters, dangle the good bait.

Middle schoolers like the cool cammies (sorry, BDUs for you zoomies...) so mention those. Also, don't bring up PT, just say something like "you can stay in shape". If there are guns involved, mention those, and also emphasize safety. Parents don't like things that aren't safe.

Back