I have a question (about Web pages)

MightyMacbeth

I am Honor
I know that you can open "Microsoft Word" and save what you write as a "Web Page". But I have a question, can I put a sound clip? so that if the person opens the page, he/she will hear music.

Thanks, and if I have there is something you dont understand, please do tell :)

What Donkey said; being with the old school of HTML we soon learned putting video and sound clips in the HTML code made the pages load slower and people stopped the transfer in preferation of other web pages with similar contents. But that was back in the days when US Robotics 14400 bps modems were top notch... ;)

How large files do you want to add to your HTML scripts?

What Donkey said; being with the old school of HTML we soon learned putting video and sound clips in the HTML code made the pages load slower and people stopped the transfer in preferation of other web pages with similar contents. But that was back in the days when US Robotics 14400 bps modems were top notch... ;)

How large files do you want to add to your HTML scripts?

Well I was more getting at the dont make things autostart.....Just allow the user to start and stop them as they wish....

The annoying part is when you are listening to music and all of a sudden something else is playing our you didnt realize your volume was cranked and you open a page and BLALDSBSJBLKJBASHD blast the sound goes :)

Well that is a bit more complex and is done with frames and server side scripting (possibly PHP) which if not done properly can be very bad and hinder SEO as well as a user getting lost in a frame and not being able to get back to your site....

Well that is a bit more complex and is done with frames and server side scripting (possibly PHP) which if not done properly can be very bad and hinder SEO as well as a user getting lost in a frame and not being able to get back to your site....

It is not hard to do a script for this, but the trouble is how to integrate it in the design and make it look good. I do not worry about the frames though, you only need two frames where one is static and the other one dynamic (the contents frame) and stick to that.

Or just crank up a java player for wav files, please hold; streaming 45 megs of raw data :wink:

How about Winamp, you have some options there that is cool to play around with.

It is not hard to do a script for this, but the trouble is how to integrate it in the design and make it look good. I do not worry about the frames though, you only need two frames where one is static and the other one dynamic (the contents frame) and stick to that.

Or just crank up a java player for wav files, please hold; streaming 45 megs of raw data :wink:

How about Winamp, you have some options there that is cool to play around with.

I said it was more complex not hard ;)

That site is def powered by a server side script though....Which if you are new to things isnt exactly easy....I mean one could always go the easy route of a pre-made CMS and skin it to their liking...There is a plethora of modules for those things...

Or

You could just strategically embed media player or quick time with controls...

Last edited:
I said it was more complex not hard ;)

That site is def powered by a server side script though....Which if you are new to things isnt exactly easy....I mean one could always go the easy route of a pre-made CMS and skin it to their liking...There is a plethora of modules for those things...

Or

You could just strategically embed media player or quick time with controls...

I would rather go for the last option than with the pre-made scripts, but if you have the basic knowledge of programming a few hours of fun can result in almost everything :type:

Oh man, I want the most simples way of making a background sound in my simple web page. What way would that be?
And I am new to this, so concider me as a young child hehe :p

Something like this...

Code:
<EMBED ALIGN="CENTER" SRC="[B]yourfile[/B]" HEIGHT="60" WIDTH="145" 
AUTOSTART="FALSE" VOLUME="60%" MASTERSOUND ></EMBED>

You can locate the player where you want on the screen. There are other ways of doing it but it is too early morning for me atm.

Edit: Came across this one http://musicplayer.sourceforge.net/, looks nice and should be of no hazzle to integrate.

Last edited:
Snub gave you the code to use in your html to embed a player, albeit not HTML 4.0 compliant (attributes cant be caps)

You're right on that one :thumb:

MightyMacbeth said:
ahh yes but where do I put this code? heh.. In the Microsoft word?

Save your work as html from Word, open the file with notepad or other plain text editor, and insert the embed script in the HTML code. If you don't understand how to do it, drop a line here...

Back