I have a question (about Web pages)

Ok, I open that notepad, buit where should I place this code you gave me? right on top? And how will it play the music I want?

Mighty Macbeth, you can copy paste this script into notepad, save it as test.htm or what
you like and then select file->open->browse in Internet Explorer and select the file. The page will now load offline. You can download some midi files and save them in the same directory as where you placed the below script, okay? Remember to change the YOURFILE to the filename of the sound you want to play.

I want you to get this working before we move on to more advanced media playing across the web :mrgreen:

Code:
<html>
<head>
<title>Mighty Macbeth's Super Duper Nuke Web Page</title>
</head>
<body>
<h1>I am the Mighty Nuke of Duke</h1>

<embed src="YOURFILE" width="50%" 
height="50%" autostart="false" console="smallconsole"> </embed>
</body>
</html>

I suggest not to use frames, it's good for a beginner to use however and at some rare situations where there is no other way.

Last edited:
hMmm.. I am confused abit :? should I put the music file name in YOURFILE or svae it to directory?
And I dont want a midi file heh.. soo?

I suggest not to use frames, it's good for a beginner to use however and at some rare situations where there is no other way.

The example posted is just one page, no frames... Mighty is confused enough as it is... :wink:

MightyMacbeth said:
hMmm.. I am confused abit :???: should I put the music file name in YOURFILE or svae it to directory?
And I dont want a midi file heh.. soo?

You exchange YOURFILE with ie mymusic.mid or mp3 and save....

I will one day learn you how to make a popup player with mp3 tags, equalizers and so on, but that is "one day" :)

Last edited:
The example posted is just one page, no frames... Mighty is confused enough as it is... :wink:

I will one day learn you how to make a popup player with mp3 tags, equalizers and so on, but that is "one day" :)

Madrugada site got frames ;)

yeah but what if the file doesnt have say for example ".mid" just a file name?
Hope that day comes man, I really do.. I need serious help as you can see :sorry:

man this isnt working :?

What isn't working? You have to be more precise on that one.... What have you done so far?
Do you have the correct plug-ins on your computer?

Regarding your question on filenames, well, do you know what filetype it is? Mp3? Wav? Mid? Have you tried to rename the file? That could be a good start.

Can you open the file in a media player to determ what filetype it is?

Well I do get the heading, but thats about it. >> "I am the Mighty Nuke of Duke" lol

The file might me a WMA file. So say I change the file to the name of "bunker" should I put "bunker.wma" ? or what exactly?

That could do the trick. If the music won't play check if you have the appropriate plug-ins and add-ons installed.

Rename the file first and try to play it, if it doesn't play look for a plug-in that handle the format... Then you'll know what sort of software you need as this will be either displayed by an alert box or you get the option of connecting to the internet and look for it.

hmm, maybe seeing what I see helps :?

The music file clip is called "brbr" , but when I just brbr nothing happens, so I added "brbr.mp3" and this occured:

plgne2.png

This happens when I click on that blue film thing

That is because either the file is not a mp3 file, or you have a very old version of QuickTime installed. Try correct both and see what happens.

Paste the code you are using, so we can see what exactly is going on...

(use the code tags, please)

Back