I have a question about bonuses for those who have reenlisted

Aileen

Hi guys, I'm just popping in for one little question. I would appreciate the help of anyone who knows, or who knows where I can look for better info. :) My husband reenlisted as a Gunnery Sergeant last year and received the bonus that they were offering at the time. This year, he was selected for 1st Sgt to be pinned sometime in the middle of the year. What I'm wondering is if he will get to keep the bonus that he received last year. I've asked on my Marine wife forums, but have received conflicting answers. Thanks in advance for any help you may have.

Oh, and sorry if I post this in the wrong spot, I hope it's OK.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm just popping in for one little question. I would appreciate the help of anyone who knows, or who knows where I can look for better info. :) My husband reenlisted as a Gunnery Sergeant last year and received the bonus that they were offering at the time. This year, he was selected for 1st Sgt to be pinned sometime in the middle of the year. What I'm wondering is if he will get to keep the bonus that he received last year. I've asked on my Marine wife forums, but have received conflicting answers. Thanks in advance for any help you may have.

Oh, and sorry if I post this in the wrong spot, I hope it's OK.

The services don't take bonuses back because of promotions. It is also easy to contact the disbursing office to verify.

Not his fault the armed services found it fit to promote him.
He wil keep his cash.

//KJ.

He keeps the bonus. Being on the 1st Sgt select listwon't effect it especially since Gunny's don't select their career path anymore and are screened for both.

Back