I have a problem

I3BrigPvSk

The Viking
I like antiquities so I went to an antiquity market. There I spotted a dealer of military stuff. uniforms, medals, and other similar things. (be aware, most German things from the WWII are fake)

The dealer wanted to sell me a letter, not a normal letter. This was a letter the GB sent to the family of a KIA soldier. This letter was sent to the family of a soldier, who died in Northern Africa in the year of 1942. If I had open the letter, I had seen his name. I never did, becouse I was so pissed so I walked away. I was and I am still disgusted by the attempt to sell me something like this.

Perhaps a wrong move, perhaps I should have bought the letter, I do not know. To keep it out from the market, but then I have been a part of it.

I like antiquities so I went to an antiquity market. There I spotted a dealer of military stuff. uniforms, medals, and other similar things. (be aware, most German things from the WWII are fake)

The dealer wanted to sell me a letter, not a normal letter. This was a letter the GB sent to the family of a KIA soldier. This letter was sent to the family of a soldier, who died in Northern Africa in the year of 1942. If I had open the letter, I had seen his name. I never did, becouse I was so pissed so I walked away. I was and I am still disgusted by the attempt to sell me something like this.

Perhaps a wrong move, perhaps I should have bought the letter, I do not know. To keep it out from the market, but then I have been a part of it.
I admire your moral fortitude.

However I feel that if the letter is viewed and treated with due respect, I see little wrong with having it. Better maybe, than it being thrown in the rubbish bin by someone who has no appreciation for it's historical and personal value.

View it as a memorial to the soldier who lost his life.

Back