You have to arm a country

Buying from NATO? With USD20billion your new country will end up with just 10 MBT, a dozen 155mm SPG, 2 or 3 MLRS and a single Patriot air defense system. So expensive.......

The first job is the military brothers ideological work: fight for freedom, fight for God, The second step:buy some suitable weapons,not Expensive and practicaless

The third step :to actively acquire common interests with local people to build their own local government by our helps, in the form of assistance with local people to develop. Both sides can get more profitness forever

No Hostility to RUssia but must Be careful

Last edited:
It all depends on your relationship with your neighbours. If it is positive or, at least neutral, you can use that money to invest in your fledgling defence industry.

Buy all the Wonder Weapons you want but it all starts with the Men who will use them , you can't buy them .

Buy all the Wonder Weapons you want but it all starts with the Men who will use them , you can't buy them .

True but tell that to our defense industry with export sales. Training itself is an add on service.

Anyway back on topic....

A gun doesn't shoot itself and training doesn't make a man pull the trigger got to have a cause a reason a belief .

A gun doesn't shoot itself and training doesn't make a man pull the trigger got to have a cause a reason a belief .

Yes but when the Senate Foreign affairs committee lines up a deal to ship 400 tons of military hard ware to their buddies in Egypt, Chile Argentina or wherever an Eskimo wants to bolster domestic job growth in the arms industry.

Then your fancy gear will ship, average Joe's pulling down 60K a year working union jobs welding armor plates on Bradley's need work so they can vote.

And this all works best with fancy service plans, upgrade options and now complete with experts you can contract to be paid salary to train your guerrillas ,dictatorial regime or Eskimos how to use it.

You are %100 right and I agree that Ideals and morals should be where our heart is on this but it isn't, it's business, all business. And it sells sells sells.

The lines are all messed up and there is no clear answer on this.

If you are a country in eastern European country, your main worry will about Russia, so if you buy weapons from them and then Russia wants to take over a part of your country I wonder were you would get your spares and ammunition from to fight them.

I would say that training definitely helps in pulling the trigger. In my experience, at least initially, training took over to the point where I was actively fighting the enemy without even a conscience thought because training "took over".

At the end of the day, the "cause" is...survive another day, the "reason" is to protect your buddies, and the "belief" is that if you don't...the enemy will.

I don't think ideology ever even entered my mind...

What makes the American Soldier great is the fact that he can Think and Adapt From the cold in Korea the heat in Vietnam the sand and dreariness of the ME in a short time the American adapts though all this is very foreign to him , there is more much more but this will do for now .

What makes the American Soldier great is the fact that he can Think and Adapt From the cold in Korea the heat in Vietnam the sand and dreariness of the ME in a short time the American adapts though all this is very foreign to him , there is more much more but this will do for now .

Theirs truth in this but the same could be said for the British soldier. They took part in the ME and the heat of N Africa, the cold of the Falklands
and had a contingent in the Korean war as well. They have been the our ally time and time again

Oh really!
I have been on several NATO exercises in which we and other nations really kicked some American ass

We are not talking about the same American Soldier , the American Soldier has never been any good in exercises because he knows exercises are just BS a game .

British Soldiers for the most part are professional Soldiers the American Soldier in WWI WWII Korea and Vietnam were hardly professional be turned out to be very good at what they did .

British Soldiers for the most part are professional Soldiers the American Soldier in WWI WWII Korea and Vietnam were hardly professional be turned out to be very good at what they did .

I am actually very surprised at that post as tevet is so anti British.:wink:

The vast majority of British troops, sailors and airmen during WW1, WW2, Korea, Malaya, Borneo, Cyprus, Palestine, Suez to name a few conflicts, were national service, or in your words, drafted. They were also very good at what they did.

Last edited:
We are not talking about the same American Soldier , the American Soldier has never been any good in exercises because he knows exercises are just BS a game .
Remember, "you will fight as you train!"
Any soldier, no matter where he's from, can think and adapt.

Remember, "you will fight as you train!"
Any soldier, no matter where he's from, can think and adapt.
If your using solely training exercises as reference for the effectiveness of the soldier in the US army (or Marines) you could also find several NATO exercises where the US demolished its competition. Besides, the American army and military has had more experience then any other in the world in recent conflicts, this means that the troops, in effect, have far more experience, which is much more important then a training exercise.

Back