Have any E Army U questions?

Duty Honor Country

I have just entered into the EArmyU program. The process leading up to this point has had me lost at times, so I am assuming anyone who is not even in the Army yet may be more lost than you think.

Here is EArmyU at a glance. The Army set up an agreement with a few colleges to allow soldiers to take online courses. At the moment, it is only available to combat arms soldiers since it is so hard for us to take college classes because we are in the field too much.

There are 2 versions of EArmyU. One is the laptop option. The Army gives you a laptop and internet service for your classes. You need to have at least 3 years left in your contract to get this option. You can extend to qualify. You MUST complete 12 semester hours in 3 years. If you do not complete 12 hours, you will pay back the cost of the laptop and any classes you have taken so far. The non-laptop option only requires you to have 1 year left in the Army. Your only requirement is to complete 3 semester hours during that 1 year period.

You are allowed to take up to 8 semester hours per a term. Each term lasts about 2 months.

If you fail a class due to military reasons (ie not allowing you to come in from the field to complete a test) you will not have to pay for the class if you get a memo from you commander. If you failed because you could not meet the grade, you will have to pay the cost of the class.

You get $4500 of tuition a year to take classes. The Army will pay up to $250 per a semester hour for any class. You will have to pay the difference for any class that cost more that $250.

That is EArmyU at a glance. If anyone has any questions, ask and you will receive.

SGT Doody

Back