Haunted Battlefields!

piper4

Hi everyone

I wondered if anyone had any experiences on a battlefield or nearby that perhaps the couldn't be explained, I had thought perhaps when groups re-enact a particular battle or event etc. I believe that in areas of high emotion imprint can be left but of course that is just heresay.

It would be great if anyone would be kind enough to share their experience on this thread.

Over the years I have had "spooky" things happen in three of the houses I have stayed in and that's what gave me the interest.

Many thanks

piper4

I had some spooky experiences on a battlefield but my divorce set things right.
:)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

You're a good sport, I like that. :)

I've heard about some American Civil War battlefields that are supposed to be haunted but I've never experienced anything personally. My wife has also told me of numerous locations (murders as well as battlefields) in Indonesia that are well and truly haunted. When I asked her to take me to some of them she looked at me like I had just asked her if it was ok for me to have sex with the Swedish Bikini team in front of her... go figure.

Hi Bulldog

Your wife sounds as though she may have some Scottish heritage in her!

I have heard that some of the RAF bases that were very active during WW2 have had sounds of planes landing etc., and one museum reportedly has had sightings of RAF crew
Apart from yourself I wasn't really that hopeful anyone would reply as "spooky" stuff isn't readily admitted to, but it was worth a try.

Thanks

Piper4

Hi everyone

I wondered if anyone had any experiences on a battlefield or nearby that perhaps the couldn't be explained, I had thought perhaps when groups re-enact a particular battle or event etc. I believe that in areas of high emotion imprint can be left but of course that is just heresay.

It would be great if anyone would be kind enough to share their experience on this thread.

Over the years I have had "spooky" things happen in three of the houses I have stayed in and that's what gave me the interest.

Many thanks

piper4

My personal belief is that an active mind and the right conditions (usually night or quiet) and people will see what they expect to see.

However it is a very interesting topic and will be an interesting read.

A HMAS ship I served on, that is still in service, is haunted. A child died on the ship many years ago during a "family aboard" cruise and the child's voice can be heard and also the ship was in the US Navy before purchased by Australia and was a hospital ship/morgue/troop carrier and ghosts of war dead are known to disturb sailors. Fortunately they all left the chaplain alone. :wink:

A HMAS ship I served on, that is still in service, is haunted. A child died on the ship many years ago during a "family aboard" cruise and the child's voice can be heard and also the ship was in the US Navy before purchased by Australia and was a hospital ship/morgue/troop carrier and ghosts of war dead are known to disturb sailors. Fortunately they all left the chaplain alone. :wink:

Of course your super soaker full of Holy Water you kept under your pillow helped a lot. :angel: :m16shoot: :firedevi:

Back