Hating America key to Nobel Prize

phoenix80 said:
Oscar is run by dumb leftists! ((Actually most hollywoodians are leftists))

I seriously doubt that ANYONE can argue wioth that point!

Hollyweird has been controlled by bitterly anti-American neo-Marxists like the Fondas, Baldwins, Sheens, and their sycophants for decades. And of course, "Comrade Karl" Malden.

You are right. In America if you write something anti-American you're being a good skeptical journalist. If you write something pro-American you're a propogandist lapdog of the ruling party.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
exactly my thoughts. people have also been going so far as calling my JROTC SASI a "War Mongor." because of the number of people we have in the service.
but.
The Nobel Prize has been tilted towards the Anti American mind set lately.

'night. Happy Holidays':|

Quick poll and be honest here... how many of you like to root for the underdog?

Yes, I see, well guess what for better or worse the US is the favourite. It is the big hulking behemoth that will put your teeth back down your throat if you blink wrong. It is in most people's nature to root for the underdog unless their home team is the favourite. Are we tracking? Good.
In addition to this it is also MUCH easier and always in any genre or subject it is far more popular to find fault with the status quo and be in the opposition. It is always more difficult to build than to dismantle so of course the dismantling and the sniping will be done by those ill-equipped with either the skill or resources to build and infinitely cheered on by those who stand to gain by the fall of the giant.

bulldogg said:
... and infinitely cheered on by those who stand to gain by the fall of the giant.
The fall of the United States will more or less signal the fall of democracy around the world. People can say what they want but that is basicaly what will happen.

Which brings me to the point of the mentality of these people, I'm talking about the ones from the Western world who would like to see this happen without realizing the consequences, shows the naiveness and stupidity of their thinking.

The USA the main force in the stability and furtherance of democracy in the world today. Without this powerful stabilizing force democracy around the world will start to shrink until it becomes nothing.

What was gained by the fall of the Roman Empire the Dark Ages, thats what.

gladius said:
What was gained by the fall of the Roman Empire the Dark Ages, thats what.

Well that and the development of national identities, a host of new and future independant nations the diversification of religion and culture.

The end of the Roman empire had its good points and its bad points.

Well Bulldog, I must admit that you have a good point with the "under dog business" but that is not the only thing. What would you do as a someone told you what to do and not agreeing with your decisions. You will not instantly start to hate this person (at least I won't) but I will raise an eyebrow.
My problems with Bush started for real when he blatantly said: "Those who are not with us are against us!" After that it was nothing but pressure to change our attitude. A somewhat more relaxed approach would have done so much more for him in Holland.
Now some of you might say: What do we care, we don't need Holland! I hope that you'll than start to understand where some of our "troubles" with the States come from. We also have brains and we would like to be taken serious. Of course you don't have to, but we will dislike you for it... as I hope you'll understand.

MontyB said:
Well that and the development of national identities, a host of new and future independant nations the diversification of religion and culture.

The end of the Roman empire had its good points and its bad points.
But how long did this take?

It took 500 years of chaos, constant conflict, pillaging barbarians, and fuedal fighting. Would you want the world to go through something like this again?

And another 1000 years of fighting within the Western world itself to get years to get us to where we are today.

That's why I was saying the kind of thinking about hoping for the fall of the USA is naive and stupid.

We are halfway to a global democracy, an era that could usher us into the exploration of space within one or two centuries. But will this happen? Probably not, because too many, especialy coming from those that should be helping the USA, namely Europe are against, and in doing so causing more future conflict, and even their own doom.

localgrizzly said:
I seriously doubt that ANYONE can argue wioth that point!

Hollyweird has been controlled by bitterly anti-American neo-Marxists like the Fondas, Baldwins, Sheens, and their sycophants for decades. And of course, "Comrade Karl" Malden.

:-D I see that McCarthyism is alive and well in the USA

Hehe.
no.no one can argue with that point!

smiliegenerator_test.png
smiliegenerator_test.png
smiliegenerator_test.png

Welshwarrior said:
Wouldn't your condemnation be better directed against the people who award the prize ?
Wouldn't you having at least some basic knowledge of the subject be more helpful.

If hating the US was the key to winning the Nobel Prize, then one wonders how come so many Americans have won the Prize and why Saddam Hussein was missed out!

The Americans must rid themselves of this paranoia that the whole world hates them. Also, they must understand that like they have little time for the rest of the world's opinion, the world also reserves the same right.

Disagreeing with the USA, does not necessarily mean that one hates the US!

Wow Peter, what I've been trying to say for quiet a while now... and never managed, you did in one post! I am in awe......

Whispering Death said:
Yeah mmarsh, you need to take a look at that list yourself, man.

Jimmy Carter - Arguably the worst US president in history and a guy who loves to criticise everything America has done since his presidentcy and hob-nob with Castro and other anti-Americans

Head of the IAEA - The guy that couldn't tell whether or not Iraq had nuclear weapons and has been letting Iran get closer and closer to going nuclear. This guy has been just like the 'Team America: World Police' parody, "we are very angry with you and if you don't let me see your nuclear facilities I will send you a letter telling you how angry we are."

Kofi Annan - Really? Do I even have to say anything?

Yasser Arafat - The man who did more to stop peace in Palestine and thwart American attempts to resolve the issue than any other single man in the history of the conflict

UN Peacekeeping forces (1988 ) - While Regan was finishing up his prolific carreer at hacking away at the USSR it's the "smurfs", the guys that have been the biggest joke army on the 20th centry that get the nod. Nice one.

So President Regan takes down communism, ushering in a decade of peace and prosperity the world over. A kind of international prosperity hardly ever seen in the history of mankind over such a broad geographical context. And who gets the nod durring this time? Mikel Gorbochov, the Dali Lama, and the International Campaign to Ban Landmines(?)... okay, great.

Jimmy Carter may have had his image tainted `cos of the iranian rescue fiasco,but that man is known all around the world 4 being a peace-maker and a humanitarian.Many countries are in-depted to him.U ought to be proud to have a person like that as an American.

What's ur problem with the head of the IAEA.Afterall,he was right about iraq(there were no WMDs).Besides,this is a man who would rather solve nuclear proliferation problem peacefull than go to war.

As 4 annan,i guess u're pissed at him bcos he,as well as most peace-loving countries never supported the iraq war(he will never be a lackey,so get used to it).Well,it fell on deaf ears.now u have a country that's a new breeding ground 4 terrorists,and innocent pple are killed on a daily basis.By the way,he has bn in the fore-front in the fight against poverty in poor countries,and in every humanitarian work u can think of.

Now,i'm not really a fan of the late Yasser Arafat cos he was part of an organisation that carried out acts of terror against isreal,but this man was fighting 4 the rights and an independent state 4 the palestinians(i believe during the late 1940s,the isrealis used the same methods against the british),and he went thru hell trying to achieve that without even minding his health or safety.So,u can drag his name thru the mud or call him whatever names u want,but he will be endeared to the hearts of many,if not all palestinians and seen by them as a freedom fighter.

Finally,please,don't try to insult UN peace-keepers.Even though some of their operations weren't successful,these fine man and women from different countries have sacrificed a lot trying to bring peace to many places in this world.Some have even paid the ultimate prize.Show them some respect.

bulldogg said:
Which Nobel prize is being lambasted here because I would like someone to explain to me how the hatred of America would play into the Nobel prize for economics given to John Nash? Or the Nobel prize for physics or medicine?

Are you all just on about the Nobel prize for peace??

Or are you smoking some genetically modified hemp?
cool-smiley-027.gif

:lol: good one

Peter Pan said:
If hating the US was the key to winning the Nobel Prize, then one wonders how come so many Americans have won the Prize and why Saddam Hussein was missed out!

The Americans must rid themselves of this paranoia that the whole world hates them. Also, they must understand that like they have little time for the rest of the world's opinion, the world also reserves the same right.

EXACTLY.U just hit the nail on the head.I just hope my american friends just realise this.

Jimmy Carter may have had his image tainted `cos of the iranian rescue fiasco,but that man is known all around the world 4 being a peace-maker and a humanitarian.Many countries are in-depted to him.U ought to be proud to have a person like that as an American.
:stupid:

Peter Pan said:

Its one thing to disagree, and another thing to hate.

If you had read the first post you can tell the author clearly hates the US. this is what he said;

"I put to you that the United States is without doubt the greatest show on the road. Brutal, indifferent, scornful and ruthless it may be but it is also very clever. It's a scintillating stratagem."

Words like those are not just disagreeing, do you get it now?

Back