I hate waiting!!!

mvilla2426

I hate waiting SO much!!!

Dexter is coming home for R and R, as you guys know. :D But he's sitting there waiting now.....

Anyway he is in a location that is going to take him here to the USA, but the DARN PLANE WON'T :cen: get there already!!!! So his time to come home may be delayed one, two, three, or FOUR days now!!!

Sometimes I'd like to shoot the powers that be, that make all the decisions. :9mm: I know how he is feeling right now...... He has been gone for five months....

I know he will still get his full two weeks, but he has to divide his time up between here with me and his friends, and his mom, who lives in a different state....... So his time will be SO short here.....

I just have to complain about it.

Well you complain very well. I hope it doesn't take that long. I also hope you two make the best of what time you have.

But remember, the time will come where he will be home [for good meaning more then 2 weeks] and thankfully, the time has come for my cuz... WHO WILL BE DRIVING OVER FROM AZ NEXT WEEK! YAY!

So yeah, i know what the waiting process feels like! Do like that country song, turn off the TV unplug the phone, blah blah blha... ok sorry

I'm happy 4 ya tho!

well....... I know of one chick who has been waiting for 20 months, with no sign of a return home.

Anyway...... my point is when you have waited for five months without seeing someone's face or hearing their voice, waiting one more day seems like an eternity!!

And Dexter is not very patient....... Well, he is when it comes to me, but other than that, nope!!!

mvilla2426 said:
well....... I know of one chick who has been waiting for 20 months, with no sign of a return home.

Anyway...... my point is when you have waited for five months without seeing someone's face or hearing their voice, waiting one more day seems like an eternity!!

And Dexter is not very patient....... Well, he is when it comes to me, but other than that, nope!!!
at least you know that he IS coming home, unlike many others.

I'm so sorry that you all canot share in my excitement.

I know of alot of women who would be really angry at your comments here. Obviously you all have never been in this position before. I'm sorry that I don't like waiting........ but GEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you HAVE to be such jerks about it????

I dont think they are bein jerks about the whole thing, I think they are excited for you. They are just remindin you that it could have been a lot longer or it could have been worse. Just think of it as their way of bein happy for you and glad that a soldier gets to come home.

There is something I have learned about the military. Do not believe anything until you see it. When I was in Iraq, my unit was all excited because my CO said we may go home. That was late April. I told everyone to disregard but no one listened. 3 days later we got orders to move to Balad. Everyone was so pissed. Many had written letters to loved ones saying that we may be going home. I bet there were some pissed off families. Remember 3rd ID. They had half their equipment on the boats and then they were ordered back into theater.

To keep your sanity in the military, hope for the best but expect the worst. It will save you from unnecessary worry and pain. You'll see you man soon. Just believe it when you are in his arms.

Doody said:
There is something I have learned about the military. Do not believe anything until you see it. When I was in Iraq, my unit was all excited because my CO said we may go home. That was late April. I told everyone to disregard but no one listened. 3 days later we got orders to move to Balad. Everyone was so pissed. Many had written letters to loved ones saying that we may be going home. I bet there were some pissed off families. Remember 3rd ID. They had half their equipment on the boats and then they were ordered back into theater.

To keep your sanity in the military, hope for the best but expect the worst. It will save you from unnecessary worry and pain. You'll see you man soon. Just believe it when you are in his arms.

Sounds like that 2 month "Training mission" my cousins hubby went for.. and she was pissed that he was missing their anniversary... and then he ended up a year in Kuwait.. that was some messed up crap.

I really am happy that he is coming home. Really.

know about the waiting....... lol...... the military does nothing BUT make you wait!! :lol:

:p Doody, I always enjoy reading your posts....... They are always worded so nicely. ;)

Although Dexter cannot stand waiting. I've noticed that about my father too. I can wait around all day (contrary to opinion here) for something, but every military man I've known could not wait for anything.

Sooners1 said:
I dont think they are bein jerks about the whole thing, I think they are excited for you. They are just remindin you that it could have been a lot longer or it could have been worse. Just think of it as their way of bein happy for you and glad that a soldier gets to come home.

Yes indeed. Both of my parents were in the Army during the first Gulf War. I know how you feel.

Back