I hate waiting!!! - Page 2

--
Boots

July 29th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
There is something I have learned about the military. Do not believe anything until you see it. When I was in Iraq, my unit was all excited because my CO said we may go home. That was late April. I told everyone to disregard but no one listened. 3 days later we got orders to move to Balad. Everyone was so pissed. Many had written letters to loved ones saying that we may be going home. I bet there were some pissed off families. Remember 3rd ID. They had half their equipment on the boats and then they were ordered back into theater.

To keep your sanity in the military, hope for the best but expect the worst. It will save you from unnecessary worry and pain. You'll see you man soon. Just believe it when you are in his arms.
Sounds like that 2 month "Training mission" my cousins hubby went for.. and she was pissed that he was missing their anniversary... and then he ended up a year in Kuwait.. that was some messed up crap.

I really am happy that he is coming home. Really.
July 29th, 2004  
mvilla2426

know about the waiting....... lol...... the military does nothing BUT make you wait!!

:P Doody, I always enjoy reading your posts....... They are always worded so nicely.

Although Dexter cannot stand waiting. I've noticed that about my father too. I can wait around all day (contrary to opinion here) for something, but every military man I've known could not wait for anything.
July 30th, 2004  
silent driller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooners1
I dont think they are bein jerks about the whole thing, I think they are excited for you. They are just remindin you that it could have been a lot longer or it could have been worse. Just think of it as their way of bein happy for you and glad that a soldier gets to come home.
Yes indeed. Both of my parents were in the Army during the first Gulf War. I know how you feel.
--
Boots
July 31st, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvilla2426
:P Doody, I always enjoy reading your posts....... They are always worded so nicely.
why thankyou mvilla2426...I hope you are enjoying the 2 weeks with ur man