I HATE Rush Limbaugh

Another fan of Rush ... yes he is misquoted frequently. It's either on purpose or the liberals at AP or another news source (Huffington post is NOT news ... it's liberal hate speech) are idiots and they are too anxious to run a negative story on Rush. Remember the "I hope Obama fails" bit? He gave a speech for an hour and the media takes a 15 second sound bite out of context and twists it into essentially "Rush wants America to fail." That one had my mother in a rage for days.

But I don't listen to him much anymore ... once in a while if I have the day off and remember to tune in. Oh, and Rush made a list of the top 10 U.S. celebrities who give to charities ... the same list Oprah is on. Yeah, what a rotten prick he is.

Anyway, I like Glenn Beck better ... he's more positive and easier to like. And I don't think he's faking it. I think his alcoholism has humbled him ... and made him very emotional. That kind of thing happens to people who go through life-altering experiences (surviving cancer, loss of loved ones, etc ...) and come out humbled.

I love how liberal kids rant and rave about Rush, Hannity, Glenn Beck, etc ... They don't remember what it was like in the early 90s. There was no internet ... just a bunch of liberal newspapers, liberal news magazines and liberal TV news shows. You got one point of view ... period. Think that's good for democracy?

I used to tune into This Week with David Brinkley" Sunday morning just to hear George Will's (unusual) common sense once each week. It was slim pickins' in those days.

when i first saw glenn beck i thought his show was a joke...

:jump:

He He he, I hate Whoopi Goldberg, there I said it, not because she's black, a woman or has a really irritating voice - it is because she is c-!p. Now that is my opinion, others can hold different ones, those opinions are informed by different information sources - I hope!!

What scares me is that so many people can only quote 1 source for their information and they cannot separate opinion from fact, normally given by the telly pundits and taken as gospel.

I don't agree with Rush, but he's made a living out of his opinion, it doesn't mean that his should carry more weight than Steve down the pub, but a lot of people think it should!!

USA is a democracy and allows free speech, those that tap into strong public feelings will do well in the media, or those that tap into the most active base - sad but true. At the end of the day Rush may have 1 million people listen to him, but what are the other 364 million in the US doing? Is he inspiring them?

Just my thoughts, btw Whoopi isstill not in my top 6 billion people, but that is my opinion.

I'll see your hatred of Whoopi Goldberg, and raise you one hatred of Opera.

The Other Guy: ” If I want Saddam Hussein to fail, if I want the Ayatollah to fail, if I want Breznev to fail, I want the country they're from to fail.”

Let me try to make this simple. Rush thinks Obama’s policies would be bad for the country. If he fails as a leader, his policies won’t be implemented and the country will be better for it … like what has just happened with the current health care monstrosity. The rest of the country will be fine as America is not ‘run’ by the White House (yet). If you cannot grasp this simple concept, I cannot help you. If you choose not to grasp it, I still cannot help you.

The Wall Street Journal’s editorial page is very conservative (read: pro business, minimum government control over people, markets etc …). It, Investor’s Business Daily and the Washington Times are about the only conservative newspapers in the country. That’s 3 out of … hundreds? I guess that’s the liberal’s idea of a good balance. Kind of like a panel discussion on CNN … 4 or 5 liberals beating up on 1 conservative … and for years it was one of my least favorite conservatives like Robert Novak. I was supposed to be happy with THAT?

New York Times? Conservative? They’ve been liberal/progressive for almost 100 years. The most famous case was William Duranty’s cover-up of the terror famine in the Ukraine in the 30s. I think it was 10-15 million killed by Stalin but the Times decided not to report it because it might make Communism look bad.

Glenn Beck’s best weapon is showing video clips of people saying outrageous things (and they ARE outrageous). It’s usually Dems but also Rs. I watch his show every day. He goes out of his way to beat on Republicans (I am NOT a Republican, BTW) but, if you’re a liberal, ANY criticism of your side (and especially the Messiah, Obama) is way, way too much and “cry me a river” begins.

The mainstream news media went solidly liberal after the Watergate scandal and have gotten progressively worse (pun intended) ever since. They are adamantly pro abortion, anti-2ndAmendment and for the government takeover of just about everything. If they would have simply reported the news through the 80s and 90s and not selectively reported stories that fit their agenda, there would be no opening for an organization that mixes a limited-government opinion with straight journalism .. and Fox News wouldn’t exist today. It’s their own fault.

Last edited:
Who in their right mind would believe anything FAUX puts out though, lets face it they aren't even smart enough to fool the Daily Show...

http://vodpod.com/watch/2500379-sean-hannity-uses-glenn-becks-protest-footage

I am not even going to claim they are biased as they are so involved in generating scandal for ratings that I doubt they could report the weather without falsifying information to justify a stance one way or another, the entire network is nothing more than a tabloid.

Last edited:
The Other Guy: ” If I want Saddam Hussein to fail, if I want the Ayatollah to fail, if I want Breznev to fail, I want the country they're from to fail.”

Let me try to make this simple. Rush thinks Obama’s policies would be bad for the country. If he fails as a leader, his policies won’t be implemented and the country will be better for it … like what has just happened with the current health care monstrosity. The rest of the country will be fine as America is not ‘run’ by the White House (yet). If you cannot grasp this simple concept, I cannot help you. If you choose not to grasp it, I still cannot help you.

The Wall Street Journal’s editorial page is very conservative (read: pro business, minimum government control over people, markets etc …). It, Investor’s Business Daily and the Washington Times are about the only conservative newspapers in the country. That’s 3 out of … hundreds? I guess that’s the liberal’s idea of a good balance. Kind of like a panel discussion on CNN … 4 or 5 liberals beating up on 1 conservative … and for years it was one of my least favorite conservatives like Robert Novak. I was supposed to be happy with THAT?

New York Times? Conservative? They’ve been liberal/progressive for almost 100 years. The most famous case was William Duranty’s cover-up of the terror famine in the Ukraine in the 30s. I think it was 10-15 million killed by Stalin but the Times decided not to report it because it might make Communism look bad.

Glenn Beck’s best weapon is showing video clips of people saying outrageous things (and they ARE outrageous). It’s usually Dems but also Rs. I watch his show every day. He goes out of his way to beat on Republicans (I am NOT a Republican, BTW) but, if you’re a liberal, ANY criticism of your side (and especially the Messiah, Obama) is way, way too much and “cry me a river” begins.

The mainstream news media went solidly liberal after the Watergate scandal and have gotten progressively worse (pun intended) ever since. They are adamantly pro abortion, anti-2ndAmendment and for the government takeover of just about everything. If they would have simply reported the news through the 80s and 90s and not selectively reported stories that fit their agenda, there would be no opening for an organization that mixes a limited-government opinion with straight journalism .. and Fox News wouldn’t exist today. It’s their own fault.

thank thats what i been saying this entire discussion, THANK YOU!

Back