I HATE Rush Limbaugh

Considering that the Media often takes Rush's comments out of context & can't seperate satire from serious comments, I can't get too worked up. The part about light & dark skinned is an obvious refrence to Harry Reid's comments about Obama.

Your kidding right? Have you ever LISTENED to Rush? I have, I think he is a disgrace to his race, creed, political party, gender, family, friends (if he has any), and every other single person in this nation.

As for Harry Reid, please tell me why the only person who seems to not care about Obama's race is Obama himself.?
People in this country really need to get a clue, their cheap, we can all afford one.

And to increase your confidence in the current generation, there are two groups on facebook right now... One in support of Pat Robertson, and one that is called "Telling Pat Robertson to STFU"... The supporting group has 874 members...... The one against has roughly 49,025.

:D

By the way, George... The fact that you're not appalled by even a "satirical" racist comment disgusts me.

So does Harry Rieds comment offend you, the "light skinned" thing?

A statement cannot be offensive if it happens to be true. What Harry Reid said was actually correct, it just lacked a great deal of tact. He certainly could have picked his words better Ill grant you that. But you'll notice that the only people "offended" by Reids remarks were the the conservative end of the GOP, not Afro-Americans. The reason why is because Reid has actually done things to help Afro-Americans, people like Rush have done nothing but offer insults to people of different color. Therein lies the difference. Another difference between Reid and Limbaugh is that Reid doesnt line his pockets preaching bigotry.

BTW, I am not a big fan of Harry Reid, I think hes slime. But this incident is a tempest in a teapot.

My goodness, I actually agree with something George Bush says.

"I've been briefed by the President about the response. And as I said in my opening comment, I appreciate the president's quick response to this disaster."-George Bush

why is it he learned from his mistakes only once he got out of office?

:p

why is it he learned from his mistakes only once he got out of office?

:p
Legally State & local governments are supposed to handle weather problems & the Federal Govt is supposed to stay out of it untill requested by State Govt. The urge to say the Federal Govt should have been there instantly isn't accurate.

Legally State & local governments are supposed to handle weather problems & the Federal Govt is supposed to stay out of it untill requested by State Govt. The urge to say the Federal Govt should have been there instantly isn't accurate.

i understand how these things work...
just seems logical that when local infrastructure is wiped out the federal government should be flexible enough to break protocol and help out...

like seriously australia in the immediate aftermath of the boxing day tsunami (and the bali bombings) sent military personal in military aircraft with out formal request or permission from Indonesia,to Indonesia (with which indo-australian relations a strained at the best of times) to help out because it was obvious to us that local infrastructure would be overwhelmed, if America cant even do that within its own country that just makes me wonder...

and this would normally not be expected and legally the Indonesians could of shot us out of the sky so i think flexibilty should be improved if it hasn't already been done so

Last edited:
Not so much the light-skinned part so much as the "No Negro dialect" part...

I mean, he DOES speak well, but there's no reason to say it like that... Simply say "He speaks very well." No need for bringing race into it. But light-skinned African-American is simply descriptive, not racist.

Apparently? George.
I find it entertaining how you guys let him get under your skin. Racist: belief that your race is superior. Now his comments might be biased, prejudgeced(sp?) insensitive, crass, but no evidence of being racist. Of course people seem to try to make any comment that is racial "racist" & that is watering down the meaning of the word. In this case I don't think it was even racial, just flinging the same crap @ Obama that the Media delighted in flinging @ Bush.
In the past I listened to him a lot more than lately & there was a number of times the Media went off on him about things that I actually heard the comments he made & the Media was usually off target.

I find it entertaining how you guys let him get under your skin. Racist: belief that your race is superior. Now his comments might be biased, prejudgeced(sp?) insensitive, crass, but no evidence of being racist. Of course people seem to try to make any comment that is racial "racist" & that is watering down the meaning of the word. In this case I don't think it was even racial, just flinging the same crap @ Obama that the Media delighted in flinging @ Bush.
In the past I listened to him a lot more than lately & there was a number of times the Media went off on him about things that I actually heard the comments he made & the Media was usually off target.
SPARE us the semantics. Rush Limbaugh has made it quite clear that he does NOT like people of other races PLENTY of times. This is just the latest example.

rac⋅ism  [rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
–noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

He IS a racist. . . At least, according to http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racist

If it wasn't racial, why did he mention the race of the people? Of COURSE it's a racial matter. He specifically said that this was simply a ploy by Obama to "increase his humanitarian and compassion qualifications with black people."

If that's not a racial matter, I don't think I want to find out what you think WOULD constitute one.

SPARE us the semantics. Rush Limbaugh has made it quite clear that he does NOT like people of other races PLENTY of times. This is just the latest example.

rac⋅ism  [rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
–noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

He IS a racist. . . At least, according to http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racist

If it wasn't racial, why did he mention the race of the people? Of COURSE it's a racial matter. He specifically said that this was simply a ploy by Obama to "increase his humanitarian and compassion qualifications with black people."

If that's not a racial matter, I don't think I want to find out what you think WOULD constitute one.
I didn't say it wasn't racial, just weather it is racist is the question.

I find it entertaining how you guys let him get under your skin. Racist: belief that your race is superior. Now his comments might be biased, prejudgeced(sp?) insensitive, crass, but no evidence of being racist.Of course people seem to try to make any comment that is racial "racist" & that is watering down the meaning of the word. In this case I don't think it was even racial, just flinging the same crap @ Obama that the Media delighted in flinging @ Bush.
Actually, you DID say it wasn't racial. And, by the definition I posted, it IS racist.

BTW, it's whether.

wow, ok this debate has gotten out of hand, i dont listen to rush, but i do watch glen beck, im also not racist at all, i despise it, and i have never heard him say any racist comments, so lets not drag him into this. We need to act like civalized human beings here, and to wont death upon anyone is just wrong, besides in the most exsteme circumstances, like hitler, mass murders, and the such.

Glenn Beck is a joke. Even conservatives on this forum have said so. He may not be a racist, but he'll take any excuse to bash Obama. If there's even the SLIGHTEST connection between something Obama does and something Glenn Beck disagrees with, he's on it like it's going to be the end of democracy and the free world as we know it.

But that's really off the topic to begin with. Soooo.....

If not him then who? With most of the major media cheerleading for the Obama administration there is virtually no dissent or even mention of any alternate course of action other than Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck & few others.

Are you condoning censorship via legislation?

If not him then who? With most of the major media cheerleading for the Obama administration there is virtually no dissent or even mention of any alternate course of action other than Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck & few others.

Media influances public opinion right? So if the media was cheerleading Obama like you claim do you really think his polls would be as bad as they are?

If the media is so pro Obama how come the media is all owned by megacorporations which are overwhelming conservative by theri very nature.

You can be conservative without being radical. Most of the members of this forum know how to do that. Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck have absolutely NO IDEA.

Just a question, did I post ANYTHING mentioning censorship? ANYTHING??

You can be conservative without being radical. Most of the members of this forum know how to do that. Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck have absolutely NO IDEA.

Just a question, did I post ANYTHING mentioning censorship? ANYTHING??

no, but did the media not do that to bush? I hate bush but it did bash bush alot, also the ratings for fox news are way beyond any of the other networks compined so that could explain the polls and media thing. Also glenn beck is not as radical as everyone makes him out to be, question, have you watch more than once? i watch him and bill oreilly almost every day, and they are both very good.

Last edited:
I think Bill O'Reilly means well and I can see where he's coming from on a lot of issues but as for Glenn Beck, he starts with a concern that is real to get his audience and then from there he goes off spouting BS. And his damned fake crying.

Back