I hate moving

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
I will tell ya'll that haven't joined the military yet. One of the most pains in the butt about having a military career is moving. Packing up everything you own and moving... Be it overseas, or stateside, it all sucks. I am in the middle of a move right now and there are boxes everywhere. UHHHHHGGG!!!.... No internet (I am at Panera Bread right now), no cable during the first weekend of college football and no phone for the house. So I have DVDs of Band of Brothers on the t.v. while I unpack box after box....

Well, off to find a washer and dryer.

I will tell ya'll that haven't joined the military yet. One of the most pains in the butt about having a military career is moving. Packing up everything you own and moving... Be it overseas, or stateside, it all sucks. I am in the middle of a move right now and there are boxes everywhere. UHHHHHGGG!!!.... No internet (I am at Panera Bread right now), no cable during the first weekend of college football and no phone for the house. So I have DVDs of Band of Brothers on the t.v. while I unpack box after box....

Well, off to find a washer and dryer.

For football games find the nearest sports bar / restaurant. I used to sit at Gators Dockside in Orlando from game time until the game was over. I bought a meal and had infinite refills on my tea. I was watching NFL, the Chiefs of course.

Sir, I can simpathize with you on not having internet/cable/phone. That's how it was the weekend I moved back on campus into a building still undergoing renovations.

Oh boo!!!! Boo booing!! Boo all your booing about moving!!! I love moving!!!!! I move every few months or so. I'm getting ready to move again next month. I hate staying in the same place for very long. I get really bored and restless. If you don't want to unpack, just live out of boxes like I do. :D:D And stop boo-hooing!!! LOL ;):D

I am just like Sevens, don't want to stay in a place for a long time. I would like to experience different things. But I know I will settle down in an unknown place in an unkonwn day.

Another thing you can consider. If you hate moving every 2-4 years why are you staying in the military? You have the choice, right?

Something that you may not see until later in life is that the change of scenery or change of venue while still getting to do your same job appeals to many people. When you get out, or retire, you might find yourself in a job for 20+ years until you retire like the rest of America. Sitting in one office and not going anywhere new and exciting may make you look back on the moves in the military as something you wished could still be happening.

I sat in one office for 9 years only to have my position eliminated after a one year recall to the military. At least in the military I got treated fairly and respectfully each time I was recalled. My former employer felt that he was above the law and broke about 10 different sections of the USERRA laws. The case is still in review with the AG of the U.S. I went through one full year of the TOTW (turd of the world) insulting my service as well as my tenure as one of their engineers.

BTW, after I was released I was blessed with a contract job making over $35 an hour and now have a full time position making more than I did on the contract job. The old boss meant to harm me and my family and only put me into a situation to better myself and work for an honest and ethical company (of which his was not).

Basically what I'm saying is that you need to make your choices based on what is best for you and not wait for someone else to make those decisions for you. If you like your job in the military, enjoy the moves of your youth, it may place you in an area that you can retire in and take advantage of all that life has to offer for you.

Oh boo!!!! Boo booing!! Boo all your booing about moving!!! I love moving!!!!! I move every few months or so. I'm getting ready to move again next month. I hate staying in the same place for very long. I get really bored and restless. If you don't want to unpack, just live out of boxes like I do. :D:D And stop boo-hooing!!! LOL ;):D

You move ever couple of months so the cops won't find you...LOL...

I don't mind it so much, it just sucks. I deal with it because I enjoy the work I do. OBTW... I am back up and rockin with cable and internet... whoo hoo

lol i hear all you guy's although im only in airforce ROTC my dad has been in the Army Reserve for 20 years and we move constantly and i hate it.
"we have so much junk i pass out befor even packing one box lmao"
but yes moveing sux!! i think outa only 17 years we moved about 22 times and next year we gotta move again "ARG"

hey, I am opening boxes and finding crap that I had when I was in Germany 10 years ago.. It's like Xmas all over again.

hahahaha same here again.
i think it was like last year i was moveing and lookd though a box and found stuff from when i first joind "CAP" when i was 10 lmao so much junk/weird stuff i found but kinda funny that i still had it.

sry hope im not just posting spam'ish kinda posts on you're thread?
if i am just ye'll at me i give ful permission :pray: lol

Why don't you talk to your careers manager(?) and get a back to back posting in a different job in the same area?

Its worked for me for the last three moves.

My theory is if you can minimise the amount of times the removalists shift your gear you have a better chance of still having your gear:

a. in one piece, and

b. when you leave the service.

cheers

back to back in the same area is easy for enlisted... not so easy for officers, at least here in the states. I am in a location now that may be able to allow me this advantage, so I will see.

Back