I Hate Hurricanes [period]

>*CrAzY*<

Hurricanes. Tropical Storms. EW!

I know there are 3 people on this forum at least that have been somewhat effected by the hurricanes.

I know that H. Alex came through and dumped a bunch of rain at the very end of July. Ealier last week, TS Bonnie came through and hand us on Flood watches and warnings. The clouds never cleared from that, but were pushed away by H. Charleys clouds, dumping more rain.

Now there is a Hurricane... Danielle? and a TS Earl? or do I have those mixed up Tim?

Who has suffered from the wrath of Hurricanes?

By the way, pray for the folks who were in Charley's path and got it bad. They need it.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WEATHER/08/15/storms/index.html

There are tons of other links on the site also.

Ive never been blasted like those poor people in Florida, but I have seen bad ones in the past in the Outer Banks and up here in Maryland. Sometimes the awe we have of nature can almost make us forget how destructive it can still be.

Charley was kinda funny. Usually our outter banks get CREAMED (once we had an inlet relocated lol) but this time I think it cut through the mid Costal Plains. Suprisingly, we didn't really get wind, and we got more rain from Bonnie then Charley. As usual, I shrugged, said [consarn] the rain and got ready to be called out if they needed me.

Oh yeah, I SAW THE SUN TODAY! FIRST TIME IN 2 WEEKS! HECK YEAH BABY!

Huricanse = Bad... :(

I saw it on the news the other day, and it didn't look good...

Anyone here who's been affected by them??

Last year Maryland got hit preety hard by one, we ended up calling in the National Gaurd and all and getting government aid. Of course it's nothing up here when you consider what happnes in Florida.

One of my friends lives in South Ft. Myers and she said North Ft. Myers is a completely different world. Her work was destroyed. The earliest they will be going back to school is Thursday, and thats the earliest many are getting power back.

Wow, I think Earl was reduced to a Tropical Depression (or Wave as the said on CAPNC). Good stuff... But Hurricane Danielle is still out there, but supposed to hit north... But hey, we still 1 1/2 months of Hurricane season left guys.... :lol:

Darkmb101 said:
Well u should come visit Sunny California, we got nothing but sun and nice waves 8)

And earthquakes! And it seems to me that all regions have their problems. Between hurricanes on the East Coast and earthquakes on the West Coast, there are tornadoes in the Midwest, Canadians on the North Border and Mexicans on the South Border ;)

silent driller said:
Darkmb101 said:
Well u should come visit Sunny California, we got nothing but sun and nice waves 8)

And earthquakes! And it seems to me that all regions have their problems. Between hurricanes on the East Coast and earthquakes on the West Coast, there are tornadoes in the Midwest, Canadians on the North Border and Mexicans on the South Border ;)

Hurricanes bring their share of tornadoes... believe me!

silent driller said:
Darkmb101 said:

true, true, But earthquakes dont come as often as hurricanes and tornadoes. We have earthquakes every couple of years, hurricanes come every year, i believe.

Darkmb101 said:
silent driller said:
Darkmb101 said:

true, true, But earthquakes dont come as often as hurricanes and tornadoes. We have earthquakes every couple of years, hurricanes come every year, i believe.

Yes, and a few times a year. We are lucky if we only get one a year. But earthquakes can destroy just ask easily.

I live in Orlando, so Charley buggered my area a big one.

I lucked out pretty well though. Power was only out till Sunday night, just about nil house damage.

Others aren't as lucky though. Power out, some street lights are still sodded. And schools are torn up. My county's schools are out until next Tuesday, and the year just started last week. So we're gonna get screwed badly with holidays.

I'd rather live with blizzards...

Yea, blizzards kill too, but at least they can be fun ;)

Wow, school this early for you guys? I got until Sept 7th. We got out last year for 2 days dou to a Tropical Storm, I got a guilty though for being out of school and happy while somwhere sombody was dying cause of this rain. Not a cool feeling.

GuyontheRight said:
Yea, blizzards kill too, but at least they can be fun ;)

Wow, school this early for you guys? I got until Sept 7th. We got out last year for 2 days dou to a Tropical Storm, I got a guilty though for being out of school and happy while somwhere sombody was dying cause of this rain. Not a cool feeling.

Whoa.. Blizzards around here SUCK. We had a ice storm a few years back, and now we are down a few trees and everything. Power was out forever, and our generator was busy running my uncles restaurant. I had to go to work with my dad to use his internet cause we didn't get ours back for about 3 days (I about died). So yeah, 5 days without power, and I was sick on top of that..., it sucked. bad. I like to sled tho... when there is light to do it...

Holy crap, school started the 4th for me...

Heh, well I live in southern Florida right where Hurricane Charlie came. We didn't get it as bad as some neighboring cities, we had HORRIBLE storms but nothing to where houses were being destroyed. A few tornadoes but honestly... this past hurricane is NOTHING compared to what Andrew did to us a few years ago. That was realllll bad.

I'm wondering if Floridans will change the way they build new homes as a result of all this. Perhaps build it like a military bunker or something. :lol:

SOme who are interviewed are saying they aren't going to rebuild in FL, but move somewhere else.

Hey, its not like you can really get away from it on the East coast. I mean, yeah, Hurricanes hit all over the East Coast, this year they are just going all over FL.

Back