--
Boots

August 18th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent driller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmb101
Well u should come visit Sunny California, we got nothing but sun and nice waves 8)
And earthquakes! And it seems to me that all regions have their problems. Between hurricanes on the East Coast and earthquakes on the West Coast, there are tornadoes in the Midwest, Canadians on the North Border and Mexicans on the South Border
true, true, But earthquakes dont come as often as hurricanes and tornadoes. We have earthquakes every couple of years, hurricanes come every year, i believe.
August 18th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent driller
Quote:
Well u should come visit Sunny California, we got nothing but sun and nice waves 8)
And earthquakes! And it seems to me that all regions have their problems. Between hurricanes on the East Coast and earthquakes on the West Coast, there are tornadoes in the Midwest, Canadians on the North Border and Mexicans on the South Border
true, true, But earthquakes dont come as often as hurricanes and tornadoes. We have earthquakes every couple of years, hurricanes come every year, i believe.
Yes, and a few times a year. We are lucky if we only get one a year. But earthquakes can destroy just ask easily.
August 19th, 2004  
Acerbus

I live in Orlando, so Charley buggered my area a big one.

I lucked out pretty well though. Power was only out till Sunday night, just about nil house damage.

Others aren't as lucky though. Power out, some street lights are still sodded. And schools are torn up. My county's schools are out until next Tuesday, and the year just started last week. So we're gonna get screwed badly with holidays.

I'd rather live with blizzards...
--
Boots
August 19th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Yea, blizzards kill too, but at least they can be fun

Wow, school this early for you guys? I got until Sept 7th. We got out last year for 2 days dou to a Tropical Storm, I got a guilty though for being out of school and happy while somwhere sombody was dying cause of this rain. Not a cool feeling.
August 19th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheRight
Yea, blizzards kill too, but at least they can be fun

Wow, school this early for you guys? I got until Sept 7th. We got out last year for 2 days dou to a Tropical Storm, I got a guilty though for being out of school and happy while somwhere sombody was dying cause of this rain. Not a cool feeling.
Whoa.. Blizzards around here SUCK. We had a ice storm a few years back, and now we are down a few trees and everything. Power was out forever, and our generator was busy running my uncles restaurant. I had to go to work with my dad to use his internet cause we didn't get ours back for about 3 days (I about died). So yeah, 5 days without power, and I was sick on top of that..., it sucked. bad. I like to sled tho... when there is light to do it...

Holy crap, school started the 4th for me...
August 19th, 2004  
Darkmb101

dude thats early...mine doesnt start till the 9th
August 21st, 2004  
IrishWizard

Heh, well I live in southern Florida right where Hurricane Charlie came. We didn't get it as bad as some neighboring cities, we had HORRIBLE storms but nothing to where houses were being destroyed. A few tornadoes but honestly... this past hurricane is NOTHING compared to what Andrew did to us a few years ago. That was realllll bad.
September 30th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

Ugh, THEY WON"T QUIT COMING!

Ok, so 2 new geographical features have been added to my yard. 2 creeks. One in the "used to be" dried up ditch in my back yard, and one separating my house from my neighbors.

We're still drying out after 2 days of sun. Ew. Ew. Double Ew.

And we are waiting for the next one.

EW ew ewwwwww.

Pictures of the most awesome place on earth... now needing $75000 to - $125000 to pay for damage.
September 30th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

I'm wondering if Floridans will change the way they build new homes as a result of all this. Perhaps build it like a military bunker or something.
September 30th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

SOme who are interviewed are saying they aren't going to rebuild in FL, but move somewhere else.

Hey, its not like you can really get away from it on the East coast. I mean, yeah, Hurricanes hit all over the East Coast, this year they are just going all over FL.