I hate ETS

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
I don't know about most of you guys but there's this thing called the ETS and it's the place you go to get tested for sh*t that sorts out your future (GRE, TOEFL etc.)
Well, as a citizen of a country in which English is not a native language, I have to repeatedly prove that I speak English. I need to have proof of scores to prove to employers or whatever it is I'm trying to get into to prove that I can speak English or else on paper, I can't.
So I'm trying to get the damned score, and they require all this damned information that I can't keep up with, especially since I move around so damned much. In the past year I've been in no less than four different countries under six different addresses. It's very disorienting. You have no idea where life will bring you in the next six months.
Then here are some jack asses that require the address where I took the damned test and the exact date in which I took it. Don't these c*ck suckers have some kind of database where in which if I put my first name, last name and passport number and the YEAR and the city in which I took the damned test they can help me the f*ck out?
I tried months in advance to get a TOEIC or TOEFL test registered here so I could get scores to submit for my NCO school candidacy but it's been backlogged so I wasn't able to get one that worked in time.
I hate ETS.
I bet the f*ckers do it on purpose so that we have to keep taking the damned tests so they earn more money.
/rant.

In the meantime, you can get a gmail account perhaps and record all the info about yourself for yourself in something like Google Docs to where you can access it from any computer with internet access.
Pain in the butt of course but at least you will be able to keep track of your personal history better/easier.
Good luck Sarge, you always seem to have a lot of crap going against you. Hopefully your load gets lighter in the future.

ETS, It sounds like one of those incurable diseases.

Ahhh,.... poor bugger, he's got ETS, he won't see Christmas I'm afraid.

Keep pushing Redneck. They can't keep a good man down; just don't let the buggers grind you down.:horsie:

I feel yer pain bro. I have to deal with them on a monthly basis... they are the bane of my teaching existence.

Well it'll never get done for the deadline this time but I'm taking the TOEIC after I submit my application form so maybe I can bring the scores into the Army if I get in this time or I can use the scores to my advantage if I don't get in this time and have a second go at it.
I don't know what good it'll do if I make it the first time around without the TOEIC score. It's not like they will really give a crap and it might increase my chances of ending up in some boring ass staff weenie job.
So if I don't get in this time, I'll use it the second time... which would have a bearing on which MOS I could apply for... arrgghh... screw these damned bureaucrats.

Did you have to take this same testing your first go around? Couldn't they used old scores? Must be too easy, would make too much sense. That must be universal for the military in any country.

Back