Who has pretended to be in the Regular Forces

Have You Pretended to be in the Regular Forces

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bory

This came up the other night at my squadron, Bascially, our uniform looks similar to the RAAF (Royal Australian Air Force), and when we go on courses we usually take public transport from Central Station, we are often mistaken for the permanent Air Force.
My funniest story is a girl asked me if I was a pilot, so I made up a very convincing story on the spot. I told her I just finished my Pilot Training, just got my Hornet, and I'm on leave for a few days before heading back to RAAF Base Williamtown (Where our Hornets are based on the East Coast). I told her about the thrill of being a pilot, how great it made me feel and all that.
After the girl walked off, my brother came and asked what I was talking to the girl for and told him what happened. He couldn't stop laughing for a whole five minutes.

I believe that is technically illegal to pretend to be a member of the Armed Forces.
At least I know it is here in Canada. And Im pretty sure it is in the US as well.

Well, it is here too, but there is a loophole we found. See we are not gaining any benefits, we are not disrespecting the position, and we are basically doing around people who wouldn't know a thing about the military so we're not harming them. You'd be surprised how many people have done it down here.

No, but people are forever telling me "thank you." So I just say, "I'm glad to do it." Hey, they never specified what they were saying thank you for, and hey, I might have actually done something good for them one day...

CrazyCadet142 said:
No, but people are forever telling me "thank you." So I just say, "I'm glad to do it." Hey, they never specified what they were saying thank you for, and hey, I might have actually done something good for them one day...
Yeah, I get that alot too. But most of the time they know who we are, or at least have an idea. So it's all cool. Although....I did have a little kid want my autograph, so I told him who I was and what I do, but he still wanted it. He was so cute.

Aside from walking around my house before Cadets with my skillfully acquired 2Lt bars on, nope. Besides, I don't need to pretend. ;)

A few weeks ago I was in my flight suit, i had finished flying for the day and some girl asked me if i was a real air force pilot.

Trevor said:
A few weeks ago I was in my flight suit, i had finished flying for the day and some girl asked me if i was a real air force pilot.

Now that you mention it, that has happened before. I wore my flight suit to school for Hallowe'en, and several people thought that I was Air Force, until they noticed the CADET writting on my rank.

My little brother dressed up as my sq cc for one of the spirit days at his school. I had a name tape that came off of the field jacket my sq cc let me have, so he pinned it on, then made the proper rank insignia. It was gooooooood stuff.

I've worn my ROTC uniform to our Halloween Dance (we had the option to dress up formal, or costumed [many people went dressed informal and said it was their costume :p ] ). So, I went in my uniform, and people actually thought it was a costume. Then when I explained it wasn't, I was actually in an ROTC unit they had no clue what ROTC meant, and decided it meant "Official Military Personell." It was pretty funny. Got some chicks, tho. :lol:

Back