Has PC gone too far??

It's impossible to separate the man and the office ...

I think it's best if you read what you wrote and look at the context of how it reads. You are slamming me for "taking away your right to b***h about the president and at the same time telling me that it is against your civil rights.

Just for the sake of argument, it's not Bones, it's CHIEF Bones.

Just to clear the record ... I honor Senior Chief's opinion, even though I don't completely agree with it. When a President hides BEHIND his office ... and ... 'dishonors' the office, there are times when it is almost impossible to separate the man and the office. That is the situation I see where GW is concerned. I realize that there are those who don't agree with me ... and ... they ALSO have a right to their opinion.

I defy anyone to find anywhere on this forum where I have ever said that another member didn't have a right to his/her opinion (no matter how much ridicule I heaped on their comments) ... I have a ALSO not seen anywhere that Senior Chief has done it either. His opinion was that you shouldn't badmouth the Office of President ... he never even implied that you DIDN'T have a right to do so however.

If that is what you believed, then maybe we ALL need to go back and re-read his posts ... cause I sure didn't see where he did.

*Edit* none required.

Yup, PC has gone to far.

Expect I'm not PC.

7448320_l.jpg

3871624_l.jpg

7472891_l.gif

That was an easy target. Lost anyone tragically in your family recently?

I have found a very good reason never to visit Kentucky!

If I find I have to drive east and see that the shortest route is through part of the state I'll be diverting my route as well as keeping my money out of that state.

I have found a very good reason never to visit Kentucky!

If I find I have to drive east and see that the shortest route is through part of the state I'll be diverting my route as well as keeping my money out of that state.

Senior
Don't smear the entire state with a broad brush because of these jackasses. There are many GOOD Kentuckians who are embarrased that these hypocritical jackasses have ANYTHING to do with their state, and would just as soon they leave the state and never return.

Senior
Don't smear the entire state with a broad brush because of these jackasses. There are many GOOD Kentuckians who are embarrased that these hypocritical jackasses have ANYTHING to do with their state, and would just as soon they leave the state and never return.

It's not the people of the state I'm avoiding, I'm avoiding the assinine laws that have been enacted in the state.

Laws are for the benefit of all, even hate-filled jackasses. A Price of Democracy.

That is debatable.....

I'm sure that is what our founding fathers envisioned...But sadly that is not becoming so... Especially with regards to the internet and the current laws being passed....

However this is a good example of how the right to protest works....Since there are protestors protesting the protestors....

Yup, PC has gone to far.
Expect I'm not PC.

7448320_l.jpg

3871624_l.jpg

7472891_l.gif

Fun answers to neo-cons:

1) Go and tell this to most Sumo wrestlers. Their diet is mostly without red meat and lots of tofu. I have my doubts if you can throw them... and no, you are not allowed to use your gun, real men don't use guns.

2) The standard reply of most stupid men: I can't outsmart him so let's kick his ass. You are aware that women don't see this as a quality, but a lack of grey matter.

3) So will a picture of Cliff Richard or Elton John.

4) A bit like 1 and 2, obliterating other cities isn't always the way to go. But talking and thinking doesn't seem to be one of the neo-cons strong points.

5) I couldn't actually think of anything sarcastic on this one. This is just plain dumb, generalizing and so many other thigs. I can't think of a reason why you'd want to demolish a fuel efficient car. What did they do to you?

6) Wrong again, guns aren't used in cultural wars. Culture contains other fields such as literature, poetry, sculpting, painting and are usually found in musea...... (Building with lots of arts in it, you might want to go there once)

7) Unlike neo-cons, we do not pride ourselves on semi-illiteracy and lack of knowledge and the denial of other people's way of life. This knowledge is found in certain places called colleges and universities. As point 6, you might want to try it sometimes and get a feel for things other people find important.

8) Well we could also resort to shooting some innocent people to try to make some incomprehencible statement and then kill ourself. Luckily we have the power of speech and can use words instead of bulets to make a statement.

9) Well, if you have gotten the point I have tried to make; then this needs no reply. If you still do not grasp what I am trying to say; then regardless of what I say, you wont understand it anyway.

Wow... that was fun to do :smil:

Fun answers to neo-cons:

1) Go and tell this to most Sumo wrestlers. Their diet is mostly without red meat and lots of tofu. I have my doubts if you can throw them... and no, you are not allowed to use your gun, real men don't use guns.

2) The standard reply of most stupid men: I can't outsmart him so let's kick his ass. You are aware that women don't see this as a quality, but a lack of grey matter.

3) So will a picture of Cliff Richard or Elton John.

4) A bit like 1 and 2, obliterating other cities isn't always the way to go. But talking and thinking doesn't seem to be one of the neo-cons strong points.

5) I couldn't actually think of anything sarcastic on this one. This is just plain dumb, generalizing and so many other thigs. I can't think of a reason why you'd want to demolish a fuel efficient car. What did they do to you?

6) Wrong again, guns aren't used in cultural wars. Culture contains other fields such as literature, poetry, sculpting, painting and are usually found in musea...... (Building with lots of arts in it, you might want to go there once)

7) Unlike neo-cons, we do not pride ourselves on semi-illiteracy and lack of knowledge and the denial of other people's way of life. This knowledge is found in certain places called colleges and universities. As point 6, you might want to try it sometimes and get a feel for things other people find important.

8) Well we could also resort to shooting some innocent people to try to make some incomprehencible statement and then kill ourself. Luckily we have the power of speech and can use words instead of bulets to make a statement.

9) Well, if you have gotten the point I have tried to make; then this needs no reply. If you still do not grasp what I am trying to say; then regardless of what I say, you wont understand it anyway.

Wow... that was fun to do :smil:

If you are going to make such statements perhaps you should back them up with FACTS....

1) Sumos diets do not consist of just tofu...

They form their MoonPie-shaped sumo bodies by swilling prodigious portions, along with rice, beer, and an occasional side dish of omelets, shrimp dumplings, and fried chicken.
http://www.slate.com/id/2110026/
Do some research.....Because it is more then just the food they eat it is also the times of day they eat it....

2) Debatable depending on the situation... As a Japanese Admiral once said a smarter man would find better way then to fight....or something like that...But sometimes things must come down to physical force...

4) Again do some research pretty sure it worked in WWII not saying it was a great thing but it has been said to of saved millions of lives....

5) Culture is much more than just art...
Here is a link to a plethora of definitions for you
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...:culture&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

Basically Culture is human activity....

7) No you just leave out the important parts and ad in your own....

Not saying I'm a neo-con but I'm also not trying to bash them with false information...

Not saying I'm a neo-con but I'm also not trying to bash them with false information...
I know exactly what you mean Donkey, that is why this exercise could be filed away under "satire". What I did is exactly the same as the "Know thy enemy" soundbites. The are generalizing, condescending, paternalizing, tendencious and pretencious.... to name a few words which come to mind. They are based on little bits of info mixed together and then printed on bumperstickers. Unfortunatly some people display such a repetition of these "facts" that I start to fear they think them to be true. Frankly I don´t give a hoot how Democrats think about Republicans and vice versa. But I start to worry when such funny excersises of folly are taken serious by some. It would be nice if people start to do exactly what you offered me to do: base yourself on solid facts and don´t twist matters for personal or political gain. It is moraly dejectable and it belongs to jesters from mideval times!

Back