Has the lesson of Holocaust been forgotten??? - Page 2

--
Boots

March 30th, 2006  
Chief Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
As I recall Chief, the question was whether the Holocaust was forgotten. The Jews haven't and I reckon that Hamas is also painfully aware of this piece of history.
My last post was aimed at laying the blame with the Palestinians and Hamas. Hamas is a direct result of a very harsh policy by the Israeli. In 1987 they founded this organization as to be militant against the militant. It has been an action = reaction kind of thing for decades. The same goes for both Intifada's. Just to say the Palestinians started it, means leaving out half of the cause.....

I agree with you that Hamas isn't the right partner for peace talks. We'll see how things go now when Kadima is the largest political party in Israel and ready to talk about peace.
OH ... now I see where you're coming from ... you were trying to point out that the Hamas/Israeli confrontation has baggage from both sides ... I was more or less fixated on the original thread premise "Has the lesson of the holocaust been forgotten?" (Sorry your post didn't make any distinction to explain where you were coming form). Also ... sorry for the animus comment.
March 30th, 2006  
Ted

No worries Chief..... sometimes it takes more words to explain a situation then you'd hope for or deem necessary. Actually quite appropriate for the situation we are talking about.
March 30th, 2006  
Chief Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
No worries Chief..... sometimes it takes more words to explain a situation then you'd hope for or deem necessary. Actually quite appropriate for the situation we are talking about.
If it were easy ... maybe even GW could do it ... (or) maybe not ...

heehee
--
Boots
March 30th, 2006  
Bory

I say, in western society, many lessons from the past, including from the horrors of the Nazi and other like minded regimes have been forgotten. People assume those lessons have been learnt and think it is impossible for History to repeat (Unfortunatly the majority of students at my school fit into this catgory. only Modern History Students belive otherwise)

Its not that the Holocaust is forgotten, it shall never be forgotten, its that the lesson learnt from it have. State Sponsored Genocide still occurs in our day and age. Rwanda, Sudan, Timor-Leste, Kosovo, Cambodia, the list gose on. Many resposible for the Attrocites in Sudan and Timore-Leste are still free men, still working for their Governments, One Indonesian Militia Commander is now operating out of West Iryan. But Our media doesn't care about this, why report this, its only Genocide in under developed Nations.

As always say to my friends at school:

If you want to see the future, read a history book.
March 30th, 2006  
Chief Bones

Bory
It is a sad fact that much of what you just have said is so true ... as the inheritors of the earth, we haven't done a very good job have we?