hardware-wise, in landwarefare no one beats US - Page 2

--

December 17th, 2004  
rocco

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
About Israel having 1300 merkavas, that data is probably growing incorect by the minute.
yeah its not up to date, id consider the information as a "Generalisation"
but the reason i got it is because it has lists for a number of countries.

US, UK, france, germany, greece, italy, spain, egypt, israel, syria, saudi, iraq, iran, russia, china, pakistan, india, indonesia, australia, brasil (maybe one i missed)

another problem with that sherman, is that we dont know what model of merkava they are. same goes for some other tanks... e.g. the 7000 of so M1, consider both M1a1 abd M1a2 in the same lot, same goes for all bradleys regardless of model/role and leaopard 1's etc.

but we can use our imagination

oh yeah, and another interesting thing is that the book shows what the armored brigades and mechanized brigades are made out of.
December 18th, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladius
The Brits have less than 200 chalengers?

Is this true?
I think we have more than that, i know the marines have atleast 3 in HMS ocean, which is pretty neat.
December 18th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

U.S army not only has one of the best equipments in the world..
but probably best training too,
and its high pays and other luxuries...(cigars, cokes, gums)...make morale very good

and most U.S soldiers believe tehy are fighting for their countyr's freedom..(I read Band of Brother a few times)

that means they are willing to fight..that is very invaluable in a war..
that is why 101 para 's boys can hold off 10 times of germans in Bastogne
--
December 18th, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAbuddy
U.S army not only has one of the best equipments in the world..
but probably best training too,
and its high pays and other luxuries...(cigars, cokes, gums)...make morale very good

and most U.S soldiers believe tehy are fighting for their countyr's freedom..(I read Band of Brother a few times)

that means they are willing to fight..that is very invaluable in a war..
that is why 101 para 's boys can hold off 10 times of germans in Bastogne
Please dont start a "we are better INSERT than you!" conflict.

But just to post something, how long does a US army regular infatry man/woman train?
December 18th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

[quote="devilwasp"]
Please dont start a "we are better INSERT than you!" conflict.
quote]

wut do u mean by that?

i saw a film on discovery channel about the traing of marines,
a part of training is somethig like they have to be abandoned in an isolated place and see if they can survive sort of thing
December 18th, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:
wut do u mean by that?
It gets down to a "my dad can do something your dad cant" situation then it just gets worse.
Quote:
i saw a film on discovery channel about the traing of marines,
a part of training is somethig like they have to be abandoned in an isolated place and see if they can survive sort of thing
Yeah bet you never seen what a royal has to do though?
Look up royal marines, thats heavy.
But for standard guys in the british army 12 week basic training, then if you go infantry another 25 weeks of combat training at ATS catterick.
December 18th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

wut ur dad my dad?? i dont get it..

every strong nation's army is well-trained..

look at chinese marines, have to be dropped into an island with nearly no supply, eat snakes, drink urines...that is how they trained..
December 18th, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:
wut ur dad my dad?? i dont get it..
Its a pointless arguement face it.
Quote:
every strong nation's army is well-trained..

look at chinese marines, have to be dropped into an island with nearly no supply, eat snakes, drink urines...that is how they trained..
The royal marines have to be comando's. They get taken to an island and told to survive with only thier 95's DPM's and thier own survival kit the size of a cigar box, quite possibly smaller.
The point is every force has a diffrent purpose, the RM is to be a fast go anywhere kill anything force that has near SAS training and fitness.
December 18th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

en....i still dont get wut do u mean by "argument" i never argue with anyone in this post

anyways, british commandos are universally praised, i heard a lot about them
December 18th, 2004  
Redneck

This has gotten way off-topic and is turning into a pissing contest, closed until further notice.